December is shaping up to be an extremely busy month getting a bunch of things to you. So let’s dive right into the dev log for v2020.11.17!
- Awards. We’re nominated for TWO awards for The Game Awards – Best Multiplayer and Best Mobile Game. We’re seriously all blown away by everyone who has gathered around our game and are honored to even be nominated. You can vote for us to win here.
- New map peek. We launched an official Among Us Twitter with a sneak peek at the new map! Give it a follow if you want to hear the latest, but we’ll be sure to keep our community updated wherever they are.
- Merch. The official Among Us merch store has launched! Now you can sabotag—er, I mean, fix spaceships in true crewmate style.
- Comms sabotage hides task arrows
- Comms red light no longer immediately responds to the correct position
- Fixed camera flinging on security cams
- Fixed inaccurate admin table on Polus
- Fixed Polus panels reachable through walls
- Fix solo-complete reactor/seismic exploit
- Fix align engine exploit and softlock
What’s coming up?
- Accounts. One of our biggest priorities has been to get our account system nailed down and in line with privacy policies. The first focus for accounts will be to get reporting and moderation integrated ASAP. We want our game and communities to be welcoming, respectful places, so this will be a first step in tackling the toxicity and hacking. Thank you for being excellent to each other in the meantime! If you have any issues, you can send reports to [email protected].
- Languages. We’ve been getting the game localized so Among Us can be enjoyed anywhere! Currently, the plan will be to get these languages in: French, Italian, German, Spanish EU and LA, Dutch, Russian, BR and EU Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino (Bisaya). There will be more to come, but as we said, accounts first!
Whew, did you read all that? Good, because you’ll be tested on it in the next dev log (joking). There’s going to be quite a bit of news in December, so make sure you keep an eye out on our Twitter or Discord!
And, as always, thank you for all of the support.