Panzers said: I recently launched the game again to play on the new Sweden update but the menu is completely pink with white text, I can still interact with it by clicking where the buttons should be and even launched a fresh 1444 start, everything works but i dont think its a very far stretch to say that this is unplayable.here's my clean reinstall process:
I have tried doing a clean reinstall of the game, messing around with my playsets and deleting everything in my mods folder, nothing has worked so far, pls help looking for a way to fix.
- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test
In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.
IF that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.
Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .