First of all, I know you won't read this, and to go further, this post possibly will be deleted.
The major part of the community is fed up with how you direct your game:
- Usable content in the files not available in the game.
- No tangible content added in the game for months.
- Promises not kept.
- No informations on what will come (your roadmap is empty as hell)
- meme patches
- Bugs in the game for YEARS (don't lie, the first time we got the CB Heavy Slam bug wasn't in 1.10.2)
- Still no social functionalities (like guilds for example) to enhance the multiplayer experience (To remember, social aspect was one of your first aim for the game)
I'm pretty sure this list of objective rants isn't complete. And this isn't a complete list of problems of direction of the game.
Like you've said "It’s easy to fall into a trap of wanting to always change core systems to improve this or reimagine that. But: players are here in the game expecting a service. We have to serve them." Great, you've understand ! So show us ! You've also stated you won't making more cosmetics to focus more on content. For now, we can't see any results in this statement.
We know that developping a game isn't easy. But of your 150+ employees, how much really work on Dauntless full time while it's your only money making game at the moment ?
Are you sure that focusing on 10 projects at the same time is a good thing ? Even the biggest studios like Ubisoft (18000+ employees) don't work on 10 games at the same time.
Your priorities are wrong. Almost nobody wants to trust you anymore. That's sad if you count on us to carry your next games launches.
A shooter ? Great ! That's not like the genre isn't fully occupied, even in the F2P spectrum, at the moment.
Direct your next games like you're directing Dauntless now and you'll rush right into a wall.
Listen more to your community and less your imaginary 200 years of game design experience.
PS: It's late and english isn't my native language, I hope it won't be too hard to understand for you if you read it all. EDIT: I really wasn't hoping for so much positive reactions, thank you all for highlighting this post !External link →