The Federation Grand Prix has returned! In addition to the awesome in-game rewards you can pick up for tackling the daily challenges during the event there is an additional challenge for those of you who are particularly keen on optimizing your racing ships - the Federation Grand Prix Time Trials!
- The time trials will run from 11:00 UTC on Thursday, June 16th to 11:00 UTC on Tuesday, June 28.
- After a capsuleer has completed each of the 3 routes as part of the untimed Federation Grand Prix live event, they will then be able to begin the repeatable Extra Lap version of the challenge. It is only these Extra Lap challenges which count towards your leaderboard times.
- There is a separate leaderboard for each of the 3 routes - North-Eastern, South-Western and the Federation History Route
- Each leaderboard will track the top 10 fastest times for that route. Leaderboards will be updated bi-weekly.
- Capsuleers can appear on multiple leaderboards however only their fastest time for each route will be counted.
- Capsuleers will be awarded points based on the final position they achieve on the leaderboard for each route. Points will be added together across different leaderboards to get a capsuleer’s Final Score.
1st Place – 25 points
2nd Place – 20 points
3rd Place – 18 points
4th Place – 15 points
5th Place – 12 points
6th Place – 10 points
7th Place – 8 points
8th Place – 6 points
9th Place – 4 points
10th Place – 2 points
Scoring example: At conclusion of the contest period a capsuleer is in 1st Place on the North-Eastern route (25 points), 3rd Place on the South-Western route (18 points) and 8th Place on the Federation History route (6 points) they will receive a Final Score of 49 points. There is a system for tie breaks.
All Capsuleers who finish in the top 10 will be awarded with special edition medals!
Even if you don’t make the final Top 10, all capsuleers who finish on the leaderboard for any routes will have their names immortalised on a monument which will be added to the Luminaire system for this and all future Federation Grand Prix events.
- Capsuleers are free to be as creative or as devious as they wish. If you come up with some sneaky way to shave off some precious seconds (or entire jumps) then go for it! Jump Clones, Wormholes, Conduits, Jump Bridges and even death itself are legal tactics.
- Your time between checkpoints is tracked using our own internal methods. Only times posted by CCP on the leaderboards are considered official.
- Only one character per human player will be eligible for the medals. We will be checking the winners list for alts. In the event we identify a competitor who has appeared multiple times on the Final Score list only the highest score attained by a character owned by that capsuleer will be counted.