Our newest patch, featuring Orphea, is now live! Read on for a detailed breakdown of what’s new in the Nexus.
NOTE: Orange text indicates a change between the PTR and Live notes.
- What was once called a Stimpack is now a Boost, and in addition to buffing your own experience and Gold gains at the end of a match, all players will receive 5% bump in experience for each player in their match who had an active Boost. That mean players can receive up to a 45% XP bonus if all 10 players in game have a Boost active!
- In addition to stacking Boost XP buffs, you’ll now be able to retroactively Boost your Gold and XP gains at the end of a match by applying a Boost from the Score Screen.
Channeled Healing Abilities
- Alextrasza’s Lifebinder (R) and Rehgar’s Ancestral Healing (R) abilities are no longer cancelled under any conditions other than enemy abilities that remove the target from play (Devouring Maw, Gorge, Cocoon.)
Spell Power Modifiers
The following abilities and talents have been updated to have any percentage-based spell power modifiers stack additively when calculating damage: (This is the default behavior for all other abilities and talents unless otherwise stated in the tooltip)
- Zul’jin’s Buzzsaw (R) talent
- Hanzo’s Dragonstrike (R) center damage effect
- Gul’dan’s Rampant Hellfire (Q) talent
The following abilities have had their tooltips updated to reflect that percentage-based spell power modifiers will stack multiplicatively when calculating damage:
- Kael’thas’ Phoenix (R) ability
- Nazeebo’s Vile Infection (Passive) talent
- Li Li’s Lightning Serpent (W) talent
- Li-Ming’s Arcane Orbit (W) talent
- The following abilities and talents have been updated to have any percentage-based spell power modifiers stack additively when calculating damage: (This is the default behavior for all other abilities and talents unless otherwise stated in the tooltip)
- Experience gains from Mercenary Camp captures have been unified. All Mercenary Camps now grant all Experience on capture.
- Dragon Shire has received updated Battleground art (including an updated Dragon Knight)
New Hero: Orphea (Assassin)
Rejecting the dark power her father had begun to consort with, Orphea tried to run away from the Raven Lord's influence. But after witnessing King's Crest fall to his machinations, she was convinced she needed to stand and fight. She now vows to protect the innocent – as a Hero of the Nexus.
Overflowing Chaos (Trait)
- Hitting an enemy Hero with a Basic Ability grants 1 Chaos. Chaos can stack up to 3 times.
- While Orphea has Chaos, her Basic Attacks against Heroes consumes all Chaos, dealing 50% increased damage per stack, and healing for 100% of the damage dealt.
Shadow Waltz (Q)
- After 0.5 seconds, deal 150 damage to enemies in a line.
- Hitting a Hero with Shadow Waltz sets its cooldown to 2 seconds and causes Orphea to dash a short distance upon moving.
- After 0.6 seconds, deal 285 damage to nearby enemies in front of Orphea.
- Release a wave of dread that deals 85 damage to enemies hit.
- Dread erupts 0.75 seconds after reaching the end of its path, dealing 175 damage and Slowing enemies in the area by 25% for 2 seconds.
Eternal Feast (R)
- After 1.5 seconds, deal 210 damage in an area.
- Eternal Feast repeats every 1 second as long as it hits an enemy Hero.
Crushing Jaws (R)
- After 1.25 seconds, pulls enemies in an area towards the center, dealing 275 damage and Stunning them for 0.75 seconds.
- Additional space for Heroes has been added to the Hero select screen.
- Battlegrounds with mechanics that add additional (default hotkey: F) buttons (Warhead Junction, Snow Brawl, etc.) have had the appearances of their panels unified.
- A new “Bundles” page has been added to the Collection tab.
Rampant Hellfire (Q)
- Damage bonus increased from 8 to 10%
- Rampant Hellfire (Q)
- Maximum Base Health reduced from 1750 to 1662
- Health Regen reduced from 4.09 to 3.46
Shadow Waltz (Q)
- Base cooldown increased from 5 to 6 seconds
- Mana cost increased from 25 to 40
- Mana refund on hit increased from 25 to 40
Ravenous Hunger (W)
- Damage per Minion kill reduced from 3 to 2
- Damage per Hero kill reduced from 60 to 40
- Ravenous Hunger (W)
Eldritch Conduit (Trait)
- Spell Power per stack reduced from 5 to 3%
- Spell power max stack bonus reduced from 50 to 30%
- Eldritch Conduit (Trait)
CollectionNOTE: Many of the new items announced at BlizzCon 2018 will not be immediately available with this patch but will be added to the game in the coming weeks. New Bundles
The following new bundles are only available for a limited time!
- Orphea Heroic Bundle
The following bundles have been added to the collection:
- Welcome to the Nexus Bundle
- Heroic Reinforcement Bundle
- Haunted Raven Runner
- Bloodmoon Raven Runner
- Hallowed Orphea
- Verdant Orphea
- Slacker Orphea
- RCHS Slacker Orphea
- Spoiled Slacker Orphea
- Several new emoji packs, sprays, and portraits have also been added to the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Shielding and Healing values to track improperly on the score/stats screen.
- Fixed an issue allowing some summoned units to grant vision of Heroes inside brush if placed at the edge of the brush.
- Fixed an issue causing new item counts to appear over the wrong category.
- Fixed an issue causing some spell effects associated with taunt animations to appear after the animation was canceled.
- Whitemane: Fixed an issue causing Witch Whitemane’s custom mount animation to cease playing after she died once in a match.
- Fixed a number of tooltip issues and inaccuracies across the game.
Fixed an issue with the Boost button being one pixel lower than the adjacent end-of-match buttons.
- We gathered the team, pooled resources, and after a lot of squinting at our monitors and a brief search for a magnifying glass, we’ve located the issue and boosted up the boost button to be in line with its neighbors. Thanks for paying such close attention!
- Kerrigan: Fixed an issue that disabled Health and Mana regeneration during Chrysalis.
- Stukov: Fixed an issue preventing Lurking Arm from revealing damaged targets if they were at the edge of its area of effect.
- Tyrande: Fixed an issue preventing Elune’s Chosen from healing allies if damage was dealt to Shielded/Protected targets.