Our next Heroes of the Storm patch has just hit the Public Test Realm and will be available for playtesting until November 12. As always, if you encounter any bugs during your PTR play sessions, please stop by the PTR Bug Report forum to let us know about your experiences.
Call of the Nexus
Players who queue for Quickmatch games using roles that are in short supply will receive 50% bonus experience for being team players. Just look for the “Call of the Nexus” Bonus Experience indicator located above each Hero when viewing the Hero Selection screen.
- NOTE: Call of the Nexus will not be active immediately active, but will be enabled a short time after this patch hits the live servers.
- Players who queue for Quickmatch games using roles that are in short supply will receive 50% bonus experience for being team players. Just look for the “Call of the Nexus” Bonus Experience indicator located above each Hero when viewing the Hero Selection screen.
- What was once called a Stimpack is now a Boost, and in addition to buffing your own experience and Gold gains at the end of a match, all players will receive 5% bump in experience for each player in their match who had an active Boost. That mean players can receive up to a 45% XP bonus if all 10 players in game have a Boost active!
- In addition to stacking Boost XP buffs, you’ll now be able to retroactively Boost your Gold and XP gains at the end of a match by applying a Boost from the Score Screen.
Channeled Healing Abilities
- Alextrasza’s Lifebinder (R) and Rehgar’s Ancestral Healing (R) abilities are no longer cancelled under any conditions other than enemy abilities that remove the target from play (Devouring Maw, Gorge, Cocoon.)
Spell Power Modifiers
The following abilities and talents have been updated to have any percentage-based spell power modifiers stack additively when calculating damage: (This is the default behavior for all other abilities and talents unless otherwise stated in the tooltip)
- Zul’jin’s Buzzsaw (R) talent
- Hanzo’s Dragonstrike (R) center damage effect
- Gul’dan’s Rampant Hellfire (Q) talent
The following abilities have had their tooltips updated to reflect that percentage-based spell power modifiers will stack multiplicatively when calculating damage:
- Kael’thas’ Phoenix (R) ability
- Nazeebo’s Vile Infection (Passive) talent
- Li Li’s Lightning Serpent (W) talent
- Li-Ming’s Arcane Orbit (W) talent
- The following abilities and talents have been updated to have any percentage-based spell power modifiers stack additively when calculating damage: (This is the default behavior for all other abilities and talents unless otherwise stated in the tooltip)
- Dragon Shire has received updated Battleground art (including an updated Dragon Knight)
New Hero: Orphea (Assassin)
Rejecting the dark power her father had begun to consort with, Orphea tried to run away from the Raven Lord's influence. But after witnessing King's Crest fall to his machinations, she was convinced she needed to stand and fight. She now vows to protect the innocent – as a Hero of the Nexus.
Overflowing Chaos (Trait)
- Hitting an enemy Hero with a Basic Ability grants 1 Chaos. Chaos can stack up to 3 times.
- While Orphea has Chaos, her Basic Attacks against Heroes consumes all Chaos, dealing 50% increased damage per stack, and healing for 100% of the damage dealt.
Shadow Waltz (Q)
- After 0.5 seconds, deal 150 damage to enemies in a line.
- Hitting a Hero with Shadow Waltz sets its cooldown to 2 seconds and causes Orphea to dash a short distance upon moving.
- After 0.6 seconds, deal 285 damage to nearby enemies in front of Orphea.
- Release a wave of dread that deals 85 damage to enemies hit.
- Dread erupts 0.75 seconds after reaching the end of its path, dealing 175 damage and Slowing enemies in the area by 25% for 2 seconds.
Eternal Feast (R)
- After 1.5 seconds, deal 210 damage in an area.
- Eternal Feast repeats every 1 second as long as it hits an enemy Hero.
Crushing Jaws (R)
- After 1.25 seconds, pulls enemies in an area towards the center, dealing 275 damage and Stunning them for 0.75 seconds.
- Additional space for Heroes has been added to the Hero select screen.
- Battlegrounds with mechanics that add additional (default hotkey: F) buttons (Warhead Junction, Snow Brawl, etc.) have had the appearances of their panels unified.
- A new “Bundles” page has been added to the Collection tab.
Rampant Hellfire (Q)
- Damage bonus increased from 8 to 10%
- Rampant Hellfire (Q)
CollectionNOTE: Many of the new items announced at BlizzCon 2018 will not be immediately available with this patch but will be added to the game in the coming weeks. New Bundles
The following new bundles are only available for a limited time!
- Orphea Heroic Bundle
The following bundles have been added to the collection:
- Welcome to the Nexus Bundle
- Heroic Reinforcement Bundle
- Haunted Raven Runner
- Bloodmoon Raven Runner
- Hallowed Orphea
- Verdant Orphea
- Slacker Orphea
- RCHS Slacker Orphea
- Spoiled Slacker Orphea
- Several new emoji packs, sprays, and portraits have also been added to the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Shielding and Healing values to track improperly on the score/stats screen.
- Fixed an issue allowing some summoned units to grant vision of Heroes inside brush if placed at the edge of the brush.
- Fixed an issue causing some spell effects associated with taunt animations to appear after the animation was canceled.
- Whitemane: Fixed an issue causing Witch Whitemane’s custom mount animation to cease playing after she died once in a match.
- Fixed a number of tooltip issues and inaccuracies across the game.
- Kerrigan: Fixed an issue that disabled Health and Mana regeneration during Chrysalis.
- Stukov: Fixed an issue preventing Lurking Arm from revealing damaged targets if they were at the edge of its area of effect.
- Tyrande: Fixed an issue preventing Elune’s Chosen from healing allies if damage was dealt to Shielded/Protected targets.