During the upcoming maintenance, we will be making the following changes to PVP:
Changes were made so characters and summoned NPCs (pet/servitor) of "rival" clans are recognized as enemies regardless of their status (white/purple/chaotic).
- The characters and summoned NPCs of rival clans can be attacked immediately without the use of combat mode or forced attacks and are damaged/affected by ranged normal attacks and ranged skills. (Example: Thunder Storm)
- Buff/healing skills are not applied to the characters and summoned NPCs of rival clans. (Example: Chain Heal)
- Buff/healing skills can be applied if you become systematic allies (party, command channel, siege mercenary, etc.) with characters of rival clans.
- You cannot view the lists of Private Stores opened by rival clan characters or trade with them.
- Setting a "PC" or "Threat Target" as the next target will also select rival clan characters within range, and they will be attacked automatically during auto hunt.
- Normal PVP/PK penalties are retained, so attacking unresisting white enemy characters makes attackers purple and killing them makes attackers chaotic.
Changed the target selection rules for ranged skills so buffs/heals are applied to allies and harmful skills are applied to enemies, regardless of the caster's status (white/purple/chaotic).
- Buff/healing skill effects can now be applied to all allied targets while in a chaotic character state.
- Ranged skill damage and effects can now be applied to all enemy targets (rival clan members, non-allied purple/chaotic) while in a chaotic character state.
- Normal PVP/PK penalties are retained, so the caster of the buff/heal skill becomes purple if the allied target is purple or chaotic.
- However, the Ranker's Authority buff is not subject to the target selection rule changes because the skill is used by an incarnation NPC and improvements will be made in a future update.