As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback, suggestions, constructive critiques, etc. Please refrain from sh*tposting - jokes or memes or whatever in here clutter up the thread and make it harder for legitimate suggestions to be seen. Thank you, and as usual - meeting notes! This week was focused mainly on our test build and sneaking a few last-minute additions in. This being said, our art devs have been continuing work on future updates, maps, etc. Anyways, check out the notes below:
- We're looking at removing the toolbox from SKM - the toolbox is great for defending an objective and but in a round based mode it doesn't have much utility outside of stalling rounds.
- Our localization team is doing in-game QA passes. Translating a massive list of strings vs. seeing how they appear in game are two different things, so they should be improving things soon.
- Some misc. technical/backend stuff (as always) has been worked on. Engine rebuilds for Linux SDK stuff, RCON cleanup, fixes for packaging game files that didn't play nice with UE 4.25, miscellaneous UI fixes and some BR incompatibilities with the new engine version have been resolved.
- We're looking into some fixes for inconsistent parry when the player looks down, misc. other niche combat tweaks.
- Misc. bug fixes for server configs, some improvements on other backend areas.
- HWID ban support is being developed - it will be disabled until we get proper testing (don't want to nuke the player base by accident)
- Elweb has mostly been working on Noria, but he's also done quite a bit of work on other general visual/rendering stuff. LOD's, etc. One takeaway is that the view distance setting will actually be useful - higher settings will show further objects and grass in better detail, and the low setting will be mostly the same as now.
- Castello continues to get more optimization work (and new furniture).
- Geach3d was tired of continuing to make fps on Castello, so he's made a quick Brawl map out of some of the optimized Castello parts. Weather forecast for the map: it's raining!
- Some investigation in some weird bugs and issues we've run into is ongoing.
- Armory improvements are ongoing.
- We've been doing some QA passes on upcoming cosmetics, so hopefully we avoid bright red/blue trim on armor and the like.
- Some fixes for the Toolbox have been completed.
- We've added a new spawning system for Horde - at the moment we're just giving that some extra polish and squashing bugs.
- Some new animations are being made and polished up!
- New armor and weapons are being made as well, as always.
And that's about it for this week! You can see last week's post here: