The team is looking to collect feedback on the Ice Gauntlet Changes.
We’d like to emphasize testing towards performance and balance evaluation through both PvE and PvE combat, in addition to general skill/perk usage.
Goal with the Ice Gauntlet was to reduce the effectiveness of some of the maxed out combinations of abilities while still maintaining their usefulness.
- Heavy Attack - Increased heavy attack start up and recovery time to make it consistent with other magic weapons heavy attack timing.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Gauntlet movement while attacking was faster than other magic weapons.
- Fixed an issue where basic attacks on the ice gauntlet can sometimes shoot through a player or AI without dealing damage if the attacker is too close.
- Fixed an issue that allowed enemies with the Heavy Freeze passive to root players standing in their own Ice Storm.
- Ice Storm
- Increased time between damage ticks from 0.25s → 0.33s
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm did no damage if the player had the Unending Thaw item perk.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm didn’t do damage to enemies immune to slow.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm stopped if the caster swapped to their other active weapon.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Ice Storm to not damage larger boss enemies.
- Ice Spike
- Fixed an issue where Ice Spike displays a cast timer despite being cast instantly.
- Wind Chill
- Increased damage scaling per tick from 16% → 20%.
- Ice Shower
- Increased cooldown from 20s → 30s.
- Entombed players can no longer be healed.
- Reduced health of the tomb to 50% of players max health.
- Reduced damage of breakout burst attack from 168% → 70%.
- Fixed an issue where invulnerability on Entomb could be removed while the tomb was still active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move while Entombed after dying.
- Ice Pylon
- Increased pylon health by 20%.
- Added a max lifetime of 45 seconds to the Ice Pylon
- Fixed an issue where Ice Pylon could consume mana but wouldn’t activate on slopes, terrain, or off a ledge.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place multiple Ice Pylons by dying and being revived.
- Fixed an issue with the Ice Pylon targeting neutral players / enemy AI during a 1v1 Duel.
- Ultimate Chill
- Reduced Ultimate Chill’s bonus damage from 35%→25%
- Fixed an issue where Ultimate Chill ability did not apply to enemies in some cases.
- Updated Ultimate Chill tooltip wording for clarification of functionality.
- Critical Frost: Reduced critical change bonus from 20%→ 15%
- Energized Critical: Reduced critical damage bonus from 15%→10%
- Heavy Freeze: Added a 5 second cooldown to the freeze effect.
- Fixed an issue where Iced Refresh item perk could activate on both downing and killing a player. Now it triggers only on downing.
- Ultimate Chill
You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.
Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding the Ice Gauntlet out of this focus thread is much appreciated!
Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!
See you in Aeternum!
As this intended for information gathering and not strictly for discussion, we are enabling slow mode for this post, thank you for your understanding!