The team is looking to collect feedback on the Rapier Changes.
We’d like to emphasize testing towards performance and balance evaluation through both PvE and PvE combat, in addition to general skill/perk usage.
Goal of the Rapier changes were to fix some issues that were being encountered as well as make it easier to work around the bleed effect in the Bleed tree by reducing the cooldown of Tondo and make Riposte’s payoff a bit better due to the risk required to trigger it.
- Fixed an issue where Tondo, Flourish, and Fleche had their cooldown begin 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the abilities going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early even if it did not hit.
- Fixed an issue where subsequent attacks would frequently miss or be hard to hit when using Flurry by improving the homing on the attack.
- Overwhelm: Fixed an issue where this upgrade was incorrectly applying stamina damage instead of just block damage.
- Reduced cooldown from 11s → 6s
- And Again: Fixed an issue that caused this upgrade to only function on blocking targets.
- Cooldown reduced from 20s → 12s.
- Base Stun duration increased from 1.5s → 2s.
- Lasting Consequence: Stun duration increased from 2s->2.5s
- Momentum: Increased bonus damage from 25% → 30%.
- Swiftness: Fixed an issue where the this passive was granting haste from the bleed damage ticks instead of actual weapon hits.
You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.
Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the issue above regarding the Rapier out of this focus thread is much appreciated!
Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!
See you in Aeternum!
As this intended for information gathering and not strictly for discussion, we are enabling slow mode for this post, thank you for your understanding!