The Xbox Series X|S and the PlayStation 5 are launching this week, and you can feel the excitement! We're pleased to announce that you'll be able to play and enjoy Rocket League on all the new consoles at launch, and your Rocket Pass progress and inventory will transfer to the new consoles with your Epic Games Account. Players will enjoy significantly faster load times and improved splitscreen performance on all new consoles. Plus, there are some special enhancements coming to the game later this year depending on where you're playing. Check all the enhancements for each platform below:
ROCKET LEAGUE ON XBOX SERIES X
Available at launch: runs at 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR.
Following a game update later this year, a new "Video Quality" setting will be added within the Video tab of the Settings menu, allowing users to select Quality vs Performance.
4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- HDR requires HDR10 compatible display and HDMI 2.0 cable or better (included with Xbox Series X)
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K UHD. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 4K.
Game runs at 2688x1512 resolution (70% of full 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI runs in 4K
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K UHD. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 2688x1512.
- HDR and 120 Hz require a compatible display, as well as Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cable (included with Xbox Series X)
ROCKET LEAGUE ON XBOX SERIES S
Available at launch: runs at 1080p resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
Following a game update later this year, a new “Video Quality” setting will be added within the Video tab of the Settings menu, allowing users to select Quality vs Performance.
1080p Resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- HDR requires compatible HDR10 display
Game runs at 1344x756 (70% of Full 1080p) Resolution at 120 FPS with HDR
- UI displays at 1080p
- Requires a TV or monitor 120 Hz capable display
- HDR requires a compatible HDR10 Display and High Speed HDMI 2.0 cable (included with Xbox Series S)
ROCKET LEAGUE ON PLAYSTATION 5
Available at launch: 4K Resolution (checkerboard) at 60 FPS with High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- 4K and HDR require compatible displays
- Requires compatible HDMI cable (included with PlayStation 5)
Stay tuned for more info on the exact timing of next month's game update. We hope you enjoy these enhancements to Rocket League on your new consoles!
EDIT: Hi all, we wanted to add some context for why PS5 players won't be able to play at 120 fps. Our team’s main focus this year was our recent free to play transition, and updating major features like our Tournaments system. While working on these updates, we had to make some tough decisions on what else we could achieve. Enabling 120hz on Xbox Series X|S is a minor patch, but enabling it on PS5 requires a full native port due to how backwards compatibility is implemented on the console, and unfortunately this wasn’t possible due to our focus elsewhere.External link →