5 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Greetings!

We're holding a Q&A on the RuneScape subreddit to address your questions about the Development Update!

We’re going to host it on Friday, September 23rd, 2022. 

The Q&A will begin at approximately 3:00 PM UTC and last for 1.5 to 2 hours. Post your questions down here, please!

Notification: We'll also be inviting players from Discord and other platforms to participate in the Q&A by submitting their questions on those platforms. As a result, we might submit questions on their behalf. If you'd also like to see the answers to those questions, feel free to upvote them.

EDIT 1: We begin responding to your questions. Duplicate questions will likely go unanswered.

External link →
5 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Greetings!

We're holding a Q&A on the RuneScape subreddit to address your questions about the Development Update!

We’re going to host it on Friday, September 23rd, 2022. 

The Q&A will begin at approximately 3:00 PM UTC and last for 1.5 to 2 hours. Post your questions down here, please!

Notification: We'll also be inviting players from Discord and other platforms to participate in the Q&A by submitting their questions on those platforms. As a result, we might submit questions on their behalf. If you'd also like to see the answers to those questions, feel free to upvote them.

EDIT 1: We begin responding to your questions. Duplicate questions will likely go unanswered.

External link →
5 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by knf262

Do you all as a mod team plan to do a better job communicating with players both here, and on other forums? We constantly see mention being made about lack of communication and poor consistency both on communicating updates and feed back and I’m wondering if there’s any plans to go back to more consistent streaming and/or regular Q&A’s where you all take the time to answer difficult user questions instead of ignoring them in hopes that they’ll go away. Mod_Miva has acknowledged these issues a number of times in the past so I’m wondering how jagex/the Mod team plans to mitigate these issues and lower the temperature between players and the mods.

I believe the upcoming Q&A session is a step in the right direction. What do you think?

5 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by knf262

That doesn’t really speak to plans for consistency or attempts to lower tensions between players and mods. One q&a doesn’t mean regular, improved, and consistent communication, let alone a willingness to answer questions about contentious topics.

Is it good first step? Possibly. But it’s a first step that we’ve seen numerous times before with varied attempts at follow through.

There must be a place to begin. Give us some time, though. We can talk about communication problems in a different discussion, however I don't want to sidetrack this one.

Hey folks just adding some more questions from the Discord thread

Reindeer Hat
What is a "Master Max Cape"? Will this be the highly requested 120/200m all skills achievement cape?

Discord Question

Apazos
"What is the status of the Jagex launcher multi account support? Do you believe it is still on target to have all 7 phases implemented by year end?

Discord Question
Muha of Senntisten
How goes the development of the "Player Avatar Rework?

Discord Question

Seravail
Can you tell us more about the upcoming storyline? Mainly, will it be a "hard reset" of the storyline (i.e. just completely new, akin to the goblin series & vampyre series being unaffiliated) or will the story continue on directly from the events of the Daughter of Chaos sequel?

Discord Question

Nath119
Do we have any advance information on what the ninja strikes will aim to focus on?

Discord Question

Xellay
Any update on the AoD chest rework update?

Discord Question

Terra
Are there any plans to make changes to the wildy rework, referring to the mobs that spawn on threat levels

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

We begin responding to your questions. Duplicate questions will likely go unanswered.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Rseding91

Why does the in-game bug reporting feature seemingly go nowhere? It's impossible to know if something I reported was seen and will be fixed or if it was lost to the abyss.

This is a great idea. The tool absolutely works and it's an active part of our existing QA processes. We really appreciate any of you taking the time to fill it out, it's super helpful. - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by jlahjlahjlahblah

When will heroic leap teleport and older yak track rewards be released via the oddment store?

For each Yak Track, we always update the Oddments Store with a lot of the items from a previous track - but at present, we don't plan for it to ever be 100% of the cosmetics.

While that's not the answer I know you were hoping for, it's worth mentioning a bunch of cosmetics from the Count Yakular Yak Track will at least appear in the Halloween H'Oddments Store given their spooky theme. - Mod Joe

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by 5-x

  • What can we expect of the Death Cost and GE Tax update? It got pushed back a few months, did the design/scope change, or did you hit technical issues?

  • Why did you remove bad luck mitigation from Zamorak at low enrages? This ruined the boss for many players.

  • Tell us a little bit more about "master max capes", please.

  • When will past cosmetics return to the Marketplace? For example the Cherry Blossom Pack, or the Agama pet?

  • When will we hear more about the next skill?

  • Will Ninja strikes continue moving old pets to the pet interface as previously?

  • Any chance for more free death weeks to bridge the gap before the update?

RE: Past Cosmetics

We don't have any specific plans for those right now, but never say never. We're constantly looking for inspiration in the community. - Mod Joe

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by crystal-dragonair

By retro cosmetics, do you mean purely the replica overrides? Would there be any possibility of re-releasing discontinued outfits as well?

We could for sure if demand is there. Let us know if it's something you want to see. - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by 5-x

  • What can we expect of the Death Cost and GE Tax update? It got pushed back a few months, did the design/scope change, or did you hit technical issues?

  • Why did you remove bad luck mitigation from Zamorak at low enrages? This ruined the boss for many players.

  • Tell us a little bit more about "master max capes", please.

  • When will past cosmetics return to the Marketplace? For example the Cherry Blossom Pack, or the Agama pet?

  • When will we hear more about the next skill?

  • Will Ninja strikes continue moving old pets to the pet interface as previously?

  • Any chance for more free death weeks to bridge the gap before the update?

RE: Free Death Weeks until the Death Cost Update

None planned for the rest of the year right now, but it's a great point. We'll talk to the team and see if we can bring back Free Deaths before the Death Cost Rework we're targeting for early (hopefully very early!) 2023.

For anyone returning to RuneScape for Fresh Start Worlds, there's a buff available later into the event that will provide Free Deaths too. - Mod Mic

Originally posted by TriforceRs

Will the FSW worlds/servers be available to be played on mobile?

Only reason I'm not sure of this is the requirement for a new account. That suggests that it may not be through the same login system as the main game.

Thanks! I've been wondering about this for awhile so I hope this gets answered.

Yes, everything on RuneScape - including FSW - is available on Mobile. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by Nocturne09

Probably won't be willing to answer but....

  1. What type of skill is it? I.E. gathering, combat, etc.
  2. Is it an elite skill?
  3. If not an elite skill, will it closely relate to any other skills? Like how mining and smithing are related.

Mod Keeper: We currently have a plan to give you more information before the end of the year! Stay tuned.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by mjcevans

Is War's retreat likely to be finished like originally planned with the area for statues and other things?

Is Mod Raven's Player owned fowl update still happening?

Is the managing Miscellanea rework still planned?

Are there currently any plans to rework the max guild?

RE: Max Guild Rework

No, especially as War's Retreat now has some of the functionality. In general, the question of what and where the hubs should be is something we're thinking about... but segregating maxed players isn't something that we want to encourage. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Thenoobofthewest

Can we get a rework of some of the 99 capes passives?

This isn't currently on our roadmap, but I don't see why we shouldn't! - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Avernic

Where do the Legacy of Zamorak updates fall on the timeline? It's not clear whether those are all in 2022 or will bleed over to 2023.

Legacy of Zamorak is still planned to conclude in 2022, barring any further unexpected surprises. A new storyline will kick off in 2023. - Mod Jack

Originally posted by WateronRocks

We're committed to ensuring the majority of items from Fresh Start Worlds are available again in the future.

In our rush to create some great rewards, we inadvertently turned the Fresh Start Worlds experience from a 'take part if it appeals to you' alternative game mode into 'I feel compelled to play this' situation for some active players. To put you at ease, we want to state clearly that this will not be your only opportunity to acquire these rewards.

Which fresh start worlds rewards will be returning?

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/fresh-start-worlds--coming-changes-and-new-release-date

We plan for all rewards to come back at some point; however, there are no current concrete plans for when and how they will return. We can say however that the Capes and such won't come from Treasure Hunter. - Mod Daze

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Its_Ace1

Will dead mini games ever get some attention? They are advertised in membership costs but are dead. A lot of RuneScape community is not into PVM. Would be nice to see maybe castle wars rewards get changed and make it worth playing again.

We need to gauge the value of this compared to everything we could do for the game and whether its something enough players feel strongly about. Something for us to pick up in the players surveys perhaps to get some data on the size of support here.

Alternatively we could look at redistributing the rewards and comp requirements to other more popular activities if this is what most players would rather see. We'd love to know what you think on both fronts! - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Voltorn_Elda

The MTX 'marketplace' is still underutilized because of the fact that 'Solomon's General Store' is still a seperate thing.

'Why' hasn't your MTX/live-services team made any progress in integrating Solomon's General Store 'into' the 'Marketplace', and made efforts to remove SGS...?

Likewise... 'why' have treasure hunter promotions become more and more predatory?

We believe the Marketplace to be a convenient way for players to access the most recent customisation content without leaving the game.

Right now though, it doesn’t have all of the 'back-catalogue' content that is available on Solomon's Store. As we improve the tech to allow better discoverability and content rotation we can plan to decommission the older store - but for now it made sense to leave it in place. - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by portlyinnkeeper

What are your plans for bond prices in game? The prices have skyrocketed from various promotions and events, which creates a strong incentive for players to purchase them with real money. But it's a fine balance with also making them affordable for mid game players to keep up their membership.

Do you have an internal target where in-game bond prices equate to x hours of mid-tier pvm/slaying/other common moneymakers? And then bump the real money value of bonds accordingly.

The current Bond prices are really a reflection of where the economy is. The issue to look at is the disparity between sources of coins, which is something we're definitely looking at right now.

We don't really control bond prices at all, they're a reflection of the relative value of gold. - Mod Jack

Originally posted by Aaarron

Will the Fresh Start Worlds XP modifier be similar to that of Double xp where things like gilded alters, stealing creation tools, barbarian assault rewards don’t give any additional xp or will the modifier be a base XP modifier that allows even further Increases from the xp boosting items like gilded alters?

"All base XP will be boosted regardless of training method - this means Archaeology restorations, gilded prayer altars etc will have the boosted values (sorry for some misinformation we provided CM yesterday for the stream!).
Our aim was to make it as simple as possible so you can train the skills you want in whatever ways you want - Mod Daze"

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by AzureAlliance

Going forward, what are your plans for reducing switchscape?

When will Brazil be getting RS3 servers?

What is the status of the player avatar rework?

Going forward, what are your plans for reducing switchscape?

Mod Jack: This is something I'm personally pretty aggressive about, but I wouldn't want to announce any changes too quickly. I think it's something where we need to work with the community to find the right solution - switchscape is out of hand, but at the same time we don't want to remove the ability for players to reach a high skill ceiling.

When will Brazil be getting RS3 servers?

Right now, we don't have any answer.

What is the status of the player avatar rework?

Mod Keeper: It consists of many, many different parts - but we're currently working on the player animation aspect of it!

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Adamjrakula

Would it be possible to get a consistent re-release schedule for old mtx promotion items like yak track cosmetics and the inverted skill capes.

We wouldn't be looking to do this on a per-item release schedule, but we can give you a general idea about how long before rewards reappear in other channels (eg. the Marketplace or Oddments store). We're usually looking at around 24 months as the minimum - also depending on the popularity of the items.

In terms of the Inverted Skill Capes from FSW, we haven't made any decisions on how we'll get these out there yet or on what timeline. We're currently leaning more towards making them have to be earned in some way. We can confirm it won't be through Treasure Hunter though. - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by FruitfulRogue

Player Avatar Rework update?

Mod Stead: We're still exploring the possibilities of an avatar refresh, with extra levels of customisation. Please bear with us though as this is a highly complex and challenging project.

The avatar is linked to so many other systems and content, and it has a deep emotional attachment for our players so we need to handle it delicately - and make sure we are 100% confident we are approaching it correctly.

Mod Keeper: Just to confirm, it's still not on the shelf!

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Kilsaa

Can further improvements be made to the early game experience for newer players?

If your goal with FSW is to attract new players to the game, then surely you should be actively working to improve the new player experience:

  • Standardized game interface layout
  • More accessible combat system early game
  • Pathing system that guides players through F2P skilling/quests to help them learn the ins and outs of the game and get them invested in the lore (could award 14 days of membership for completion)
  • Rebalances of early game content to better suit modern Runescape scaling

A post that goes into more detail on some of these points

RE: Early Game Experience

This is absolutely something we're always conscious of in projects. In general when we make broad design fixes they should apply at the start of the game and in the endgame.

That said, right now we don't currently have anyone specifically working on the new player experience truth be told - we're focusing more on bringing back past players as the priority - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by SpringCompetitive343

Can we expect the way raids loot works to be changed? It’s pretty clear people hate only looting once every X days. Can’t we just make it normal?

We're keen to rework this, but it's not a high priority. - Mod Jack

Jumping in for the Ninjas here - we have this in a backlog for a Ninja Strike, so it may very well happen one day. - Mod Kalaya

Originally posted by krumplefly

On FSW: Do top 100 overall players also receive a halo token even if they are not top 100 in any given skill? Additionally is a list of actual boon costs available? It would be nice to find out when the hybrid weapons/armour, infinite run and so on are actually unlocked.

No - there are no halos for top 100 overall players. We wanted the races to be around specific skills. However, we could explore ideas like this if we do different game modes in the future. - Mod Daze

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by Cautious-Shower-3875

Where's the avatar update

I replied here.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by midnight_down

Are there any considerations for adding forms of bad luck mitigation to any existing bosses? Certain bosses like Raksha have drops that are easy to go dry on, I have seen many players go 1500-2000 kc dry on a particular codex.

I'd like to see us standardising the way loot works across tiers and bosses. I'm pushing for this to be something we tackle next year, but it's too early to make a promise to you today on this. On our radar though! - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by MaxedPainRS

Will any of the upcoming ninja strikes finally fix/improve some of the long standing dungeoneering bugs? And hopefully add some qol.. I'm talking mostly graphical bugs like colour tiles which has been reported multiple times on this sub already

We tend to not drop info about Strikes in advance, but we've definitely noted this as a potential future Strike idea! Thank you! - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by holydamned

What happened to the player avatar rework?

I replied here.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by MyCabbagesHelp

  • will winter weekends return this year?
  • if we can't get a 6th action bar on screen, can we get a 6th action bar's worth of keybinds to assign to things that doesn't have to be visible? I'd love invisible action bars.
  • what's the drop rate of the lucky dragonkin coin from nodon dragonkin?
  • what's the drop rate of amulet of the forsaken from barrows?
  • could we get strange/golden rock drop rates?
  • when is the ninja dojo returning?
  • jagex used to release the drop rate of boss pets on release. Can we go back to that? Why was that changed?
  • when is the next parcels from the hedge/travelling artisan event?
  • can we get mod ramen's aod gamejam project (about the chest drop rates) released?
  • can we get mod deg's gamejam project from last year (about vorago accept dialog showing who accepts in chat) released?
  • can we augment skilling offhands?
  • can it show the pylon and rex% in arch journal?
  • you used to be able to inspect other players' achievements. This was removed with the achievement system rework at the start of the year. When are we getting that back?
  • Can we expand the audio categories so people can adjust the sounds of more specific noises?

RE: Ramen's Gamejam Project

There is a plan to release some of Ramen's changes in a future Ninja Strike. Not confirmed which one yet though. - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by 5-x

  • What can we expect of the Death Cost and GE Tax update? It got pushed back a few months, did the design/scope change, or did you hit technical issues?

  • Why did you remove bad luck mitigation from Zamorak at low enrages? This ruined the boss for many players.

  • Tell us a little bit more about "master max capes", please.

  • When will past cosmetics return to the Marketplace? For example the Cherry Blossom Pack, or the Agama pet?

  • When will we hear more about the next skill?

  • Will Ninja strikes continue moving old pets to the pet interface as previously?

  • Any chance for more free death weeks to bridge the gap before the update?

RE: Old Pets to Pet Interface

Based on the reaction to our initial run of this, we're not quite sure whether to continue or not - or prioritise other Strikes instead. We're open to it, though we couldn't restart this year.

We'd love some feedback on how valuable you find this! If you're reading, feel free to drop a reply - would be great to know how many of you want to see us keep going with the Pets changes. - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by SerZaku

Q1: Seeing as we're getting new skilling locations, is there any chance of getting better skilling areas for Agility? The current ones aren't the best for experience gains, so with that in mind could we get new areas with better experience perhaps?

Q2: Certain Augmented Items such as the inquisitor staff are mispriced in the wealth evaluator. Any chance of the Ninja team working on this at some point so they display as the current market value?

Q3: Seeing as we're getting a Master Max's Cape, will there ever be a day when we'll see the current experience cap of 200M be improved? I'm sure many would love to continue the grind without having to start a new account. Perhaps a prestige system or something if the current limitation can't be bypassed?

RE: Question 2

We'll look into this! - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by Mr_skoo

Can we get an update on the player avatar refresh? It’s absent from the roadmap…

I replied here.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Z3ntetsu

Can you please give an ETA on when the new protean items will be converted from the old ones?

We don't have a date set for this yet, so don't expect it in the next couple of weeks - but it will happen. - Mod Mic

Originally posted by Roloson0

When can we expect to learn how/when we will be able to obtain the inverted skill capes outside of FSW? I imagine a lot of people would like to know this before FSW goes live to better decide if they want to participate in FSW.

"We can't promise the source at present because we haven't finalised plans and even if we did, those plans could change.
The key thing we want to get across is that they will be returning. We want people to choose to play this event because they see value in the experience, not because they feel forced to from FOMO on the specific event rewards. - Mod Jack"

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by JeSuisMouchoir

  1. Can you publish a statistic on how many ideas posted in the Discord suggestion chat actually made it into the game?
  2. Will you consider making pets such as Corgis be able to override familiars? The Ninja team would have to give them attack animations for this to work.
  3. Anything on RuneFest 2023? Planned, if so where and approx when?
  4. Mod Shogun said he likes frogs. Will there be any frog boss or frog related items in the future?

RE Suggestion Statistic:

Love the idea of providing more insight into how community suggestions and ideas inspire our work! Something we'll cook on for sure. - Mod Keeper

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Mewrulez99

Are there any plans to release an RS3 leagues?

Leagues or something like it is something I'm personally very interested in. In general we're very keen on finding new ways to experience Runescape.

I do want to be clear that FSW is not intended as a substitute for Leagues, even though there are some similarities in places. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by gordon_bennet_65e

Are there any specific plans following the overwhelmingly positive feedback to assign a portion of the budget and/or dev team to a continuous effort to graphically revitalize older existing areas in the same manner mod Blkwitch did with a large chunk of the free to play area?

Are there any plans to extend the log-out timer?

Will the announced Jagex launcher offer additional security features such as more complex passwords or countermeasures against account "reclamations"? Are there plans to implement multiple characters per account similar to how many MMOs do?

Are there any plans at all to offer in-game or more... live customer support similar to that present in World of Warcraft? I often find myself completely lost as to who to contact for account related issues.

Given the recently re-emphasized claim by mod Ramen that old content should eventually become obsolete, are there plans to make that happen with content such as Raids and Vorago which are mechanically outdated and clunky yet to this day contain rewards that are persistently relevant in a big way to regular accounts and are "must-do" grinds for ironman accounts?

I will reply a few questions here:

Are there any specific plans following the overwhelmingly positive feedback to assign a portion of the budget and/or dev team to a continuous effort to graphically revitalize older existing areas in the same manner mod Blkwitch did with a large chunk of the free to play area?

Mod Keeper: After seeing the positive feedback, this is definitely something we intend to keep doing.

Mod Stead: While we don't have any plans at this stage to form a new team around this, we do take every opportunity to incrementally update our visuals - mainly within our content releases where there is space to do so.

We are also extending our game jam time, and if the team choose to refresh an area as Mod Blkwitch and Mod Alex did previously, then you can expect to see more of this in the future!

Will the announced Jagex launcher offer additional security features such as more complex passwords or countermeasures against account "reclamations"? Are there plans to implement multiple characters per account similar to how many MMOs do?

Mod Lopes: The Jagex Account system will provide all these benefits, yes. Improved Password complexity, login verification, registered email verification, Multi-Factor authentication, MFA backup codes and cross platform access for all your characters.

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by ErikHumphrey

Will Steam users have to use a version of the Jagex Launcher or will it work the same way as before (like mobile)?

Mod Lopes: The use of the launcher as the download vehicle for Steam is being discussed at the moment. No firm plans yet but this is under review. More details will be shared when we have more info.

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by RIPYelps

How many accounts do you plan to allow us to add to the jagex launcher account?

Mod Lopes: At launch we will enable a maximum of 10 accounts. We will review this number as usage gives us more data.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by gordon_bennet_65e

Are there any specific plans following the overwhelmingly positive feedback to assign a portion of the budget and/or dev team to a continuous effort to graphically revitalize older existing areas in the same manner mod Blkwitch did with a large chunk of the free to play area?

Are there any plans to extend the log-out timer?

Will the announced Jagex launcher offer additional security features such as more complex passwords or countermeasures against account "reclamations"? Are there plans to implement multiple characters per account similar to how many MMOs do?

Are there any plans at all to offer in-game or more... live customer support similar to that present in World of Warcraft? I often find myself completely lost as to who to contact for account related issues.

Given the recently re-emphasized claim by mod Ramen that old content should eventually become obsolete, are there plans to make that happen with content such as Raids and Vorago which are mechanically outdated and clunky yet to this day contain rewards that are persistently relevant in a big way to regular accounts and are "must-do" grinds for ironman accounts?

RE: Log-out Timer:

This is something I'm looking at from a design standpoint!

We need to find the right solution while also taking into account potential enticement of bots, impacts to existing AFK training methods, etc. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by JoshOliday

Ok, this all sounds nice, but my one question is: Realistically, how likely is all this stuff to actually come out at all, let alone on time? I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, but too many times, things get moved or cancelled or shelved after being talked about. I welcome the transparency, but what planning and precautions have been investigated to make sure all of this is feasibly doable in this time frame, especially next year's content?

We are always working on improving our development pipeline and have made some good progress - but making games is a creative process with sometimes unknowns popping up.

Just a few months ago we had a situation outside of our control that disrupted our external QA support - which then impacted our development timelines. That impact meant we had to re-evaluate some of our releases to ensure quality, which you've seen with us moving Wilderness Events to October and the Death Cost Rework to early 2023.

I hope you felt the Development Update showed our continued efforts to be transparent, even in situations where we can't commit to more specific timelines like we could with the initial roadmap announcement in the Summer. - Mod Keeper

We can't ever guarantee anything in development. We never plan to fail, but we also can't expect the unexpected. Unfortunately the QA surprise hit us hard this quarter. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by TheMichaelScott

Over the last few years, there have been talks and demonstrations of a faster tick rate for the game. Could you share any information about this?

I'm a big believer in improving our technology for the game, and tick rate has been mentioned in our high level conversations. This isn't in active development though. - Mod Keeper

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by Baiphire

When is it planned to have the rest of the games graphics completely updated to match that of what is already started?

Mod Stead: This is very much a continual process, one in which we take every opportunity to make incremental improvements as part of a content release. That way you get improved visuals and new gameplay.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Ner0reZ

Could there be some consideration for a matchmaking system? Grouping in this game can be an abysmal experience.

We are always, always always looking for new ways to improve the opening experience in RuneScape, and certainly about how players are added to communities when they first start the game, including automatic adding to clans or similar. This is a long ways off development for now though.

Aside from that, we're aware the grouping system isn't in the best spot and is in need of improvements. This needs engine work and so will require a not-insubstantial period of development, which isn't planned at the moment, but is 'on the list'. - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by GigaGnome

With 120 in all skills unlocking the master max cape, will we see unlocking this cape added as a requirement to either of the comp capes?

No, as we see this cape as a recognition of those who want to pursue the 120 all goal, rather than an expectation that completionists will have to do so. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Suehtam99

Runescape will make more collabs with other franchises besides Smite?

Nothing that we can confirm or announce today! - Mod Mic

Originally posted by VViilliiam

Hello,

- Please can you confirm if the XP Mulitplier in FSW works on Quest/Dailiy/Penguin XP rewards etc.

- for the Master Max Cape Will we get a cosmetic version for free, or will we need to buy a keepsake key?

- Any plans to make something like a Super Rune Ess Sack that combines all other pouches into 1?

- Any interest in making a reward enhancer from the Maw to slightly increase skilling pet drop rate?

- in regards to the Jagex Launcher and multiple accounts per 1 subscription. Will we be able to merge all our Solomons Store purchases onto all accounts?

- Would it be possible to link an actionbar to an outfit? like when you withdrawing a 2H melee wepon from bank preset it swaps action bars, could we assign a saved cosmetic outfit to one too? (Fashionscape is endgame after all)

Thank you

The XP multiplier does not work for 'reward' based XP sources so those will not be increased - Mod Daze

Originally posted by Rainlover3

Will the FSW worlds be available in all languages? Or just in the English lobby. Thanks!

There will be worlds for all the languages RS currently supports. - Mod Daze

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Bazzaminxer

If there is no 200m all cape. What is the reason?

Because it seems efficient to make it when the 120 cape is being made. There isnt much difference between the two and one is essentially the trim of the other. So the equivalent of comp and trim cape by comparison.

It's always a compromise between what's accessible and what's reasonable.

10 years ago we probably wouldn't have made a 120 all cape because attaining it was unrealistic for a vast majority.

Right now, 120 all isn't too unrealistic for someone who wants to get there - but we still feel 200M all is a step beyond that. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Aviarn

When will we actually see anything about Camdozaal and Arposandra? Either as visitable city, or perhaps two Guthix-related digsites (As guthix still has none)

Nothing currently in development, but we bring them up in design pitches frequently.

The initial Elder God Wars Dungeon pitch I wrote was in Camdozaal rather than Senntisten, and one of the early Extinction concepts considered including Arposandra (we quickly vetoed it as we couldn't do it justice). - Mod Jack

Originally posted by ResponsibleSpeaker28

One of the Mods responses to FNW was that it was a way to encourage more players to join the game.

However, a lot of players referenced a ton of other ways to attract new players. Does Jagex have any plans to use their player bases feedback to gather ideas on attracting more players?

All of us want RuneScape to grow and survive, but FNW was not well received and most of us do not think it will attract new players.

You have thousands of people who could be used like a focus group to gain insight on what attracts us to games. In fact, many of us have left RuneScape for other MMOs because they attracted us with features. Perhaps using us (the players) to explain reasons why other games are swaying us away may help you to grow the player base.

"Yes - this is just one initiative and we are always exploring different ideas and approaches to attract new players.
Think of this as our latest effort to grow the RuneScape community after Steam and Mobile, though this time we're more focused on bringing back players who may not have played for a long time! - Mod Mic"

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by garl12

Could you add the Lunarfury armour and weapons to Vic's Store or the Oddments Store?

Yep, we'll take this suggestion to the team! - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by run-escape-3

Are there any plans to include dating in the game?

RuneScape is not a dating site - The RuneScape Team

Originally posted by Exiled_Stefan

Will there be an inverted untrimmed cape/token for the first 99 during FSW?

We will have inverted untrimmed capes for your first 99 on your FSW account; however, there isn't a specific token for this and you would only be able to get untrimmed versions on main accounts if you only had one 99 currently - Mod Daze

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by rosegold_diamond

Probably a long shot. But still want to ask.

  • "Can we expect more CD Soundtracks in the future? Like the Archaeology OST or God Wars Dungeon OST?"

Like this idea a lot! - Mod Mic

Originally posted by Bolinbear

I have had several people, including one of my friends accidentally
redeem a bond for a FSW code, when they meant to redeem for membership
on their main account. As far as I can see, there is no way to redeem
the code, nor there is a way to use it on their main account, and they
do not intend to play FSW. Is there any way to convert this code, to
being usable for that player on their main, or are they just out in
game/irl money?

"Player Support can help. Try this link: https://secure.runescape.com/m=ticketing/zendesk/support-form?form=360000057438
We're also working on updating the UI to avoid this issue in future. Apologies for the UX there, we'll get it sorted. - Mod Mic"

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by JeSuisMouchoir

  1. Can you publish a statistic on how many ideas posted in the Discord suggestion chat actually made it into the game?
  2. Will you consider making pets such as Corgis be able to override familiars? The Ninja team would have to give them attack animations for this to work.
  3. Anything on RuneFest 2023? Planned, if so where and approx when?
  4. Mod Shogun said he likes frogs. Will there be any frog boss or frog related items in the future?

RE: Pets like Corgis as Familiar Overrides

We're getting closer and closer to being able to do something like this, it's a little personal passion of mine. Watch this space. - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by KobraTheKing

  • The UI, and in particular the default UI, is very complex and confusing. Are there any plans to improve the UI?

  • Can we expect more updates like the gamejam graphics update? It went a long way towards making the game look more consistent.

  • There are a lot of yak track models (and marketplace) that are higher quality than existing models. Will these ever be used to update the game? Things like desert wyrm, kyatt, giant rat, unicorn and so on.

  • Any thoughts about reducing the dailyscape?

  • Any thoughts about changing how auras are earned?

Can we expect more updates like the gamejam graphics update? It went a long way towards making the game look more consistent.

Can we expect more updates like the gamejam graphics update? It went a long way towards making the game look more consistent.

Mod Stead: I would very much hope so, and if the team decide this is what they want to focus on with their game jam time, then it will happen.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by gordon_bennet_65e

Are there any specific plans following the overwhelmingly positive feedback to assign a portion of the budget and/or dev team to a continuous effort to graphically revitalize older existing areas in the same manner mod Blkwitch did with a large chunk of the free to play area?

Are there any plans to extend the log-out timer?

Will the announced Jagex launcher offer additional security features such as more complex passwords or countermeasures against account "reclamations"? Are there plans to implement multiple characters per account similar to how many MMOs do?

Are there any plans at all to offer in-game or more... live customer support similar to that present in World of Warcraft? I often find myself completely lost as to who to contact for account related issues.

Given the recently re-emphasized claim by mod Ramen that old content should eventually become obsolete, are there plans to make that happen with content such as Raids and Vorago which are mechanically outdated and clunky yet to this day contain rewards that are persistently relevant in a big way to regular accounts and are "must-do" grinds for ironman accounts?

RE: In-Game Live Customer Support

This isn't something we're considering at the moment. - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by tilionforarien

Why don’t you include in game polls for opinions on new content anymore? Those were always so fun and interesting to participate in!

We recently tried reviving it with CM's help for the Retro Overrides project and it worked great. We should definitely be using this more! - Mod Keeper

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Monk-Ey

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/v6s6gq/june_8th_general_qa_ask_your_questions_here/ibh7hpk

Are you adding new options to Premier Club Tokens, like Dragonkin Imperial?

Asking again since last time they told us to wait, only to learn that only the Bullsmith outfit was to be reintroduced and then only through a Mobile promotion instead of Premier Club Tokens.

I don't see why not. I'll chase this! - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by BlankArchive

  1. Going forward with the new launcher and account system, would it be possible to create multi-account subscription plans to give players with alts/ironmen a discount on playing more than one account?
  2. Are there any plans to bring back Runefest next year? I would love to be able to finally attend one.

RE: RuneFest

We really, really miss it.

We're discussing options for the future of RuneFest. When it returns, we will want to make sure it's done in a way that's as accessible to as many players as possible - whether virtually or physically. - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by KobraTheKing

  • The UI, and in particular the default UI, is very complex and confusing. Are there any plans to improve the UI?

  • Can we expect more updates like the gamejam graphics update? It went a long way towards making the game look more consistent.

  • There are a lot of yak track models (and marketplace) that are higher quality than existing models. Will these ever be used to update the game? Things like desert wyrm, kyatt, giant rat, unicorn and so on.

  • Any thoughts about reducing the dailyscape?

  • Any thoughts about changing how auras are earned?

There are a lot of yak track models (and marketplace) that are higher quality than existing models. Will these ever be used to update the game? Things like desert wyrm, kyatt, giant rat, unicorn and so on.

Mod Stead: Whenever we get an opportunity to incorporate these into a release, we'll definitely be taking it!

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by heropsychodream

Can we get an update on the account security upgrade? It was mentioned earlier this year... Are we still getting that this year?

The Account teams are still working on the new Jagex account system ("One account to rule them all").

It is rapidly approaching its Open Beta launch with the team frantically working to get this ready this year. This is the vehicle for the enhanced security features such as improved password complexity, verified emails etc.

At launch, you will be able to create a new Jagex account and then import existing Characters into it, giving a single set of secure account credentials for all you characters. Through the launcher you'll then be able to play all characters simultaneously with remembered authentication on them all. We will also have 1 click character creation so you can add new characters really easily. In the launcher you just choose the character you want to enter the game with and away you go!

Our current status is that much of this functionality is being tested internally at the moment. There is more development work required on both the launcher and the account system and the teams are working flat out to deliver this. We work hard not to 'crunch' at Jagex - but with this in mind, we are doing all that we can to get these features to you as fast as possible! - Mod Korpz

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Legal_Evil

Can players who opt into pvp in wildy not have pve threats attacking them? This makes it annoying for players to deal with both pvp and pve threats at the same time.

Why is solo Solak and Vorago made much harder than doing them in teams? Why can't they be scaled to match the difficulty of duos, like 1.5m HP for solo Solak instead of 2m?

Will RS3 be getting better servers like OSRS will be (based on Mod Ash's tweets)? A longer logout timer will make servers laggier when more players afking in the game unless servers improve.

RE: Better Servers

Yes. - Mod Keeper

Originally posted by Alkashai

Regarding the iron-man and mainscape pvm merge, what happens with instance player cap? As the player cap was different between the 2 game modes

"The ironman specific instance caps have been removed and they now simply adhere to the to base player caps - Mod Ramen
"

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Communication_East

Any word on increasing the log out timer?

This is something I'm looking at. I agree with the feedback but we need to find the right solution taking into account how it could facilitate bots, impact existing AFK training methods and so on. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by mastercamo123

I have bug reported and posted on Reddit multiple times regarding the current Dungeoneering graphical bugs and those posts always get huge traction. Just wondering if we'll finally see some dungeoneering fixes or ninja strikes coming?

Mod Stead: We can certainly look into these bugs. Please share up a link to your previous posts if you wouldn't mind.

Originally posted by GoodJibblyWibbly

Should the shelving of GIM on RS3 be interpreted as more of a cancellation, or is there some point in the near future (in the next 18-24 months) when it might receive some dev attention?

"We never said we were doing this to my knowledge... Just to confirm, it's not currently planned or in active development in any way.
This might be something we explore when we look at future game mode updates if there is enough demand for it in the community. - Mod Mic"

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by MyCabbagesHelp

  • will winter weekends return this year?
  • if we can't get a 6th action bar on screen, can we get a 6th action bar's worth of keybinds to assign to things that doesn't have to be visible? I'd love invisible action bars.
  • what's the drop rate of the lucky dragonkin coin from nodon dragonkin?
  • what's the drop rate of amulet of the forsaken from barrows?
  • could we get strange/golden rock drop rates?
  • when is the ninja dojo returning?
  • jagex used to release the drop rate of boss pets on release. Can we go back to that? Why was that changed?
  • when is the next parcels from the hedge/travelling artisan event?
  • can we get mod ramen's aod gamejam project (about the chest drop rates) released?
  • can we get mod deg's gamejam project from last year (about vorago accept dialog showing who accepts in chat) released?
  • can we augment skilling offhands?
  • can it show the pylon and rex% in arch journal?
  • you used to be able to inspect other players' achievements. This was removed with the achievement system rework at the start of the year. When are we getting that back?
  • Can we expand the audio categories so people can adjust the sounds of more specific noises?

RE: 6th Action Bar

I personally believe we need to reduce the number of things that need keybinding rather than introduce ways to keybind more things. - Mod Jack

Originally posted by VividPP

Now that Ironman mode players have access to group boss with non-iron players. Can we expect that content like Sinkholes and WarBands will no longer be restricted?

I'd really like to see Ironman be able to access these activities.

No further changes planned on that front. - Mod Mic

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by Ashendant

  • Why an entirely new Skill instead of a Skill Rework which people that had requested?
  • What Skills are going to appear in the Skilling Location and New Training Method update?
  • Will the Death Rework have any changes to Reaper Tasks and Rewards?
  • Will the Wilderness Flash Events had new things to the Wildy Slayer Log?
  • Will any of the QOL update deal with bad luck mitigation? Perhaps new Most Wanted Cards(I can be hopeful)?
  • The New graphical update are great, but there has been some complaints that everything is starting to feel a bit samey. Will you make new textures so that every zone with grass, from Varrock to Yanille doesn't look the same?
  • Will the Master Capes update will have Mod Frosch's update on missing Master Quest cape requirements?

EDIT:

  • Anything new on adding more augmentable skilling tool and off-hands?

The New graphical update are great, but there has been some complaints that everything is starting to feel a bit samey. Will you make new textures so that every zone with grass, from Varrock to Yanille doesn't look the same?

Mod Stead: Very likely yes, though it is always a balancing act between variation, performance and effort.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by KobraTheKing

  • The UI, and in particular the default UI, is very complex and confusing. Are there any plans to improve the UI?

  • Can we expect more updates like the gamejam graphics update? It went a long way towards making the game look more consistent.

  • There are a lot of yak track models (and marketplace) that are higher quality than existing models. Will these ever be used to update the game? Things like desert wyrm, kyatt, giant rat, unicorn and so on.

  • Any thoughts about reducing the dailyscape?

  • Any thoughts about changing how auras are earned?

RE: Default UI

What a bugbear. I totally agree with you, it's just not a simple fix. Various ideas have been toyed with on how to improve interfaces, we just have yet to find the right ones - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by zenyl

  1. Will the official RuneScape APIs ever get the rework they deserve? Request throttling is pretty harsh, output formats aren't consistent, some data is poorly formatted or truncated, none of the APIs allow for directly tracking a player who changes their name despite name changing having been a thing for nearly 13 years, and there are no APIs for achievements.
  2. Text rendering in the "Report An Issue" interface has been broken for years. Can this please finally be addressed? It's pretty annoying having the text cursor jump about, and it just feels really bad that the bug report interface is buggy.
  3. Most guilds are either nearly or completely dead. With Artisan's Workshop being a good example of how a guild can be used as a hub for players that want to train a given skill in a social setting, is there any chance of other guilds being repurposed to work similarly?
  4. Araxxor's enrage mechanics do not affect noxious drops, unlike other bosses with enrage mechanics where higher enrage means higher drop rates. As it stands, high enrage Araxxor has no value after you've unlocked the pets. Is there a chance this might get addressed, or at least adjusted to make high enrage Araxxor feel less like a waste of food and potions?

RE: Text Rendering in "Report An Issue"

Also a bugbear of mine. Totally agree and something we want to get to. - Mod Kalaya

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Tkf530

What happened to the tick reduction shown off at the last runefest?

We prototyped this, but so far we've concluded that it changes the game so much, and requires so much of the existing content to be re-made to make it work properly, that we are not likely to pursue this further in the forseeable future unfortunately.

Changing the tick would also have significant impact on the existing server performance and capacity which would also need addressing. - Mod Lopes

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by leviwulf

I'll ask it here because at this point I guess we've just accepted it and I don't see anyone else asking.

What are your plans for melee? We've repeatedly seen that melee won't be fixed by a single update, but there's been very little progress on doing anything for melee for quite some time now, and it's still by far the weakest combat skill.

Personal opinion - I feel even if we brought melee up to equal damage performance, this wouldn't resolve the problem. Meleers need to be close will always give it an inherent disadvantage. Melee needs a clearer purpose in the game. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by mothmosse

How do you currently feel about the combat style balance? As it stands, Magic is significantly better at both the other styles than almost every form of content in the game. Melee in particular suffers from a large amount of extra effort input to compete with the other styles.

Where do you stand on the current style balance dynamic? Do you have any plans that you can mention?

I don't think the balance of the styles is in the right place.

However, I don't think this is as simple as just bringing all three into parity - we need to more clearly define the purpose of the styles and why you would want to play them. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by 9orre3

Hello!

In the development update, I couldn't find anything about a massive issue that has been plaguing the game for a few years now, namely the tick loss issues on servers with even a minimal amount of players.

I created two threads on the topic, which received widespread support amongst the community:

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/u3mx52/managed_to_play_on_70_population_world_for_a/

And later here: https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/ulnx90/i_am_once_again_asking_for_your_support_to_bring/

When are you going to adress this issue?

Thank you.

Mod Lopes: We have addressed this in part in backend updates over the past months, and have telemetry data that shows we have significantly reduced the frequency of missed ticks on the servers compared with previous years.

Preventing every occurrence is complex given the specific nature of the game server implementation and the amount of content that has been added over the years, but we continue to look at options to improve this further.

Beyond this, we have to accept that the internet is never perfect ; variable connections to the game servers mean there is never going to be 100% reliability across the whole world for all player actions.

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by 5-x

  • What can we expect of the Death Cost and GE Tax update? It got pushed back a few months, did the design/scope change, or did you hit technical issues?

  • Why did you remove bad luck mitigation from Zamorak at low enrages? This ruined the boss for many players.

  • Tell us a little bit more about "master max capes", please.

  • When will past cosmetics return to the Marketplace? For example the Cherry Blossom Pack, or the Agama pet?

  • When will we hear more about the next skill?

  • Will Ninja strikes continue moving old pets to the pet interface as previously?

  • Any chance for more free death weeks to bridge the gap before the update?

RE: Death Cost date change

Technical issues and the impact of our external QA disruption that Mod Keeper mentioned. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Zoykz

Why does it take 6 months to change a few values in the death cost calculation?

The delay isn't with the Death Costs, but with the changes to the GE to support tarriffs and remove the price cap. These are important economic balances to launch alongside changes to Death Costs. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by I_O_RS

It's been over a year since death costs have been acknowledged as a problem and said to be worked on, and they have been an issue for much, much longer. Why can't we get at least some holdover balance changes to death costs since it keeps being delayed, such as capping them?

We are wary of removing a significant gold sink from the game without replacing it. We are looking at running Free Deaths at some point again later in the year if possible based on all the feedback we've seen on it. - Mod Jack

2 days ago - /u/JagexHooli - Direct link

Originally posted by Juliaebarbosa

When can we expect the new skill to come out?

  1. - Mod Keeper
2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by CuriosityIsBlind

There is any plans about increasing the 5 minutes lobby timer? There would be any issues to make that change?

Mod Lopes: There's no particular technical issues with this - primarily a design decision. I think Mod Jack dropped some design reasoning on this in another question.

Mod Jack: This is something I'm looking at. I agree with the complaint but we need to find the right solution taking into account bots, existing AFK training methods, etc.

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by AduroTri

Any general info or clues on what the new skill is going to be? Can we at least get some clues?

By the year's end, you will have more clues. :)

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by 5-x

  • What can we expect of the Death Cost and GE Tax update? It got pushed back a few months, did the design/scope change, or did you hit technical issues?

  • Why did you remove bad luck mitigation from Zamorak at low enrages? This ruined the boss for many players.

  • Tell us a little bit more about "master max capes", please.

  • When will past cosmetics return to the Marketplace? For example the Cherry Blossom Pack, or the Agama pet?

  • When will we hear more about the next skill?

  • Will Ninja strikes continue moving old pets to the pet interface as previously?

  • Any chance for more free death weeks to bridge the gap before the update?

Tell us a little bit more about "master max capes", please.

Soon. :) Very soon.

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by mastercamo123

I don't mind at all! My posts mainly about the colour tile bug:
https://redd.it/tmeq50
https://redd.it/w1xf1e
https://redd.it/wmhney
https://redd.it/x76rvl

High traction posts which contain bugs in the comments (but also qol ideas):
https://redd.it/uwpwg6
https://redd.it/u7s12t

As well as loads of bug reports in game from multiple dg community friends. We would highly appreciate the colour tile bug getting fixed at least as it requires us to change graphical settings right now..
Thanks for replying and have a great weekend.

Thank you!

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by RandomlyBroken2

Is the new skill sailing? Yes or Yes?

Nice try! :)

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by V1_2012

Can you please revisit the logout lobby timer? As you know, Old School just had theirs extended to 25 minutes via RuneLite.

While 25 minutes may be a bit excessive, I feel extending it past 5 minutes could be beneficial to the game. RuneScape is advertised as a second-screen game, I think this could help apply that label.

Mod Lopes: There's no particular technical issues with this - primarily a design decision. I think Mod Jack dropped some design reasoning on this in another question.

Mod Jack: This is something I'm looking at. I agree with the complaint but we need to find the right solution taking into account bots, existing AFK training methods, etc.

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by GuavaStrong8969

So WHY do we have to wait until 2023 for updated death costs?

Mod Jack: The delay isn't with the Death Costs, but with the changes to the GE to support tariffs and remove the price cap. These are important economic balances to launch alongside Death Costs.

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by Bagelmatic

Can we please get a few free death weeks now that the death rework has been pushed to next year :(

Also when will the master max cape pic be teased?

Mod Mic: We're looking into this based on some recent feedback!

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by rs_pygmy

Are there any plans to add giraffes to Rs3 in 2022 or 2023? 🦒👍🥰

Mod Mic: Only if we can figure out a way of having you ride them.

2 days ago - /u/Mod_Miva - Direct link

Originally posted by RS3HolidayEvents

Would it be possible to release some of these great OSRS Holiday Rewards into the RS3 game?
- Snowman ring, Banshee outfit, Snow imp outfit, Anti-Santa outfit, Easter/Pumpkin Basket

I'll share your idea with the team. ^^