Hey y'all, we've got a second hotfix on the back of yesterday's to clean up some issues with matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue where players would be put on servers in suboptimal regions, resulting in higher pings. This appears to have been most common in Europe.
- Important note: your preferred region will still not be chosen 100% of the time. The matchmaking system can potentially put you into a different region (where ping is still low enough to be playable) if it cannot make a match in your preferred region within a reasonable amount of time.
- Fixed a rare matchmaking issue issue where BR players could sometimes end up in a match with all bots, even though a player match could be found.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the player could get stuck in an infinite matchmaking queue. This was also another cause of unbalanced teams sometimes happening in Dominion.
- Increased how long the matchmaker waits to find an optimal 5v5 match in Ranked Dominion before it will allow 3v3 or 4v4 matches to be formed. This should further increase the number of 5v5 ranked matches, potentially at the expense of a bit more time looking for a match.
- Increased how long the matchmaker waits to find a Ranked Dominion match on the same platform tier before looking for crossplay matches. This means, for example, that it will try to find an exclusively console player match before it allows a console/PC crossplay match to be formed.
We'll be monitoring through the weekend and adjusting further as needed next week.
Enjoy!External link →