I’m back again with more Star Wars™: The Old Republic news to share with our players! Let’s get right into it. If you recall, back in April, we tested a new cloud server in the Asia–Pacific (APAC) region which was called Shae Vizla.
I am thrilled to announce the Shae Vizla server launches November 16, 2023 for early access!
We have been wanting to spin up a server in this region for quite some time now, and with our recent technological upgrades, it is now possible to make this a reality. Over the last year, we’ve updated our launcher, upgraded the game client to 64-bit, and recently we’ve migrated all of our game servers to the cloud. All of these are a huge win for us as we continue to modernize our infrastructure enabling us to open up new areas, improve performance, and make it easier to deliver new content and manage the overall game.
This is an exciting opportunity for all players in the APAC region, whether you’re current, returning, or brand new! Shae Vizla will be a new server with no transfers available at launch. This will allow us to monitor the health of the server’s economy and simultaneously provide a space for players who want to start on a clean slate or who have never played before. In essence, opening a new server this way will feel like a new launch. Our established players can enjoy the nostalgia of the game, build new communities within APAC, and offer guidance to new players. Those who will be starting their adventure for the first time will have over 12 years of content, stories, and fun to enjoy in their Star Wars™ journey.
Now onto the launch details for Shae Vizla:
The new server launches for Subscribers on November 16th at 1pm CT / November 17th at 6am AEDT.
Subscribers will have exclusive access to the server for 24 hours before it is opened to all players.
We are offering early access to subscribed players so they have the first chance to obtain their preferred character and Guild names.
Players looking for an opportunity to subscribe can take advantage of our new Join the Fight bundle that includes 60 days sub, 2400 Cartel Coins, and the exclusive K-NorCo B5C mount that is rideable at level 1!
The server will be open to all players on November 17th at 1pm CT / November 18th at 6am AEDT
Devs will be out and about on the server alongside everyone!
I’m very pleased that we can open a server in the APAC region and work towards creating other opportunities for more players to experience a game we all love. I look forward to seeing you all on the Shae Vizla server when we go live!
-Keith Kanneg, Executive Producer of Star Wars™: The Old Republic
APAC Server FAQ is below. An FAQ for new players is also provided following the APAC list.
Where is the Shae Vizla APAC server located?
It is located in Sydney AU, same as when we opened it for testing earlier this year.
If I already created a character, can I transfer it over to the new Shae Vizla server?
Transfers will not be available at launch. Players can choose to create a new character and start from level 1 or use a level boost. We will be monitoring and observing how the community establishes its own identity, Guilds, and economy. We intend to open transfers at a later time. Timing is dependent upon our overall status review of the server at that time.
Will players be able to boost their characters to 70 or 80?
Yes. We are not removing that existing functionality from the server. The following boosts can be used:
Master’s Datacron and Equipment
Commander’s Character Token
Commander’s Compendium (for companions)
How will Galactic Seasons work on the new server?
Players will find that Galactic Seasons 5 “Confidence in Power'' will be active on Shae Vizla until January 24, 2024. It will have the same end date as the other live servers, but will run for a shorter period of time.
Will my Legacy be available on the new server?
No, as that requires a character transfer, but players can use the same Legacy name.
Will I have to purchase all the perks again?
Any unlock that is an ACCOUNT WIDE unlock will be available on the Shae Vizla server, consistent with how the rest of the game works today.
How will Strongholds work?
If Strongholds were purchased with Cartel Coins, they will need to be unlocked on the new server, however, the price will be 0 credits and no additional Cartel Coins. If a Stronghold was purchased with credits, they will need to be repurchased with credits. In both cases, players will be unlocking or repurchasing a brand new Stronghold.
New to SWTOR?
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is the only massively-multiplayer online game with a Free-to-Play option that puts you at the center of your own story-driven Star Wars™ saga. you create your own hero based on the classic Star Wars roles, including Jedi Knights, Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, and more.
SWTOR offers both solo and grouped content, main storyline, class and planetary specific missions, Guilds, Strongholds that can be decorated, a Players vs. Player (PvP) mode, and six expansions of content that extends beyond your class storyline.
There is over a decade of content to enjoy and experience, and we are thrilled you want to begin your journey in a galaxy far, far away.
How do I create an account?
- If you do not already have an account, you can create one here!
How can I download the game?
What are the system requirements?
Operating System: Windows 10 or later – 64-bit
Processor: AMD: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Memory: 6 GB VRAM
Graphics: Star Wars™: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 1 GB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. )Examples include:Intel HD 3000 or better/AMD Radeon HD 7450/Nvidia GeForce 610)
Storage: 75 GB available space
Internet connection: Required to play
What Origin Stories (classes) are available?
There are eight Origin Stories that players can choose to play between the Republic and Empire factions.
Each Origin Story has its own storyline and group of unique companions associated with it. Players can create their own custom characters and choose from a variety of Combat Styles to suit their playstyle before embarking onto their adventures.
What group content is available in SWTOR?
- Players can group up with friends or other players who can become friends to take on the challenges of Flashpoints, Uprisings, and Operations.
- Flashpoints are stand-alone, story-driven missions that call on a group of players to band together to complete them.
- Uprisings are fast paced, high-action, repeatable group missions that are much like regular Flashpoints, although generally more compact in scope.
- Operations are large-scale multi-group missions where you will join your Republic or Imperial allies to confront the most dangerous threats in the galaxy. Each story-driven Operation is available to both allegiances and is designed to challenge groups of either eight or sixteen players to use their skills, wits, and teamwork to ensure that they successfully complete the mission while still being accessible to newcomers to the genre.
Are there difficulty modes available?
Yes! SWTOR has three modes that players can choose from to experience story and grouped content.
- Story Mode is the easiest difficulty level and is the fastest way to experience the story.
- Designed for players looking for more of a challenge. The enemies will be tougher, but the rewards will be greater as you work as a team to come out victorious.
- Requiring both patience and skill, Master Mode will need a balanced group of players with powerful gear and require players to have reached max level to complete.
Is there a PvP mode in SWTOR?
There is! Players can join PvP Arena, Warzone, or Galactic Starfighter queues.
- 8v8 Warzones make up the majority of player vs. player matches. Victory is achieved by completing various objectives.
- 4v4 Arenas are a Last Team Standing Warzone in which you have only one goal: to eliminate all players on the opposing team.
- Galactic Starfighter lets players take part in flight PvP matches. Players can take part in a variety of roles with different Starfighter ships, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. As players progress they’ll earn upgrades and customization options for each of their ships to build the ultimate Starfighter.
You mentioned Guilds?
- Players can join an existing Guild or start their own! Guilds are a fantastic way to experience group content, socialize with and learn from other players, and receive a boost to the amount of experience points you earn while leveling. Each Guild can have their own Flagship, participate in Conquest, and decorate their very own Stronghold.
What are Strongholds?
- Your personal home in the Star Wars™ galaxy. Players can purchase a variety of Strongholds with credits, Cartel Coins, or Galactic Seasons tokens. Each Stronghold is unique in design and can be decorated with thousands of items that can be purchased, earned, or found out in the universe.
What does Legacy mean?
- Players can create their own family dynasty through the Legacy System, unlocking new skills, items, and other character options that were previously unavailable. As players progress through the game, there are a variety of achievements, titles, class and companion unlocks and much more that become accessible to all of your characters once obtained.