Lots to talk about!
We know this has been frustrating for many of you across all platforms. We hear you and we take this issue seriously. Improving stability, performance, and quality of life is a big priority for us and we have a lot of work to do. We pushed our first patch out earlier this week and we’ve got many more coming [including one next week!]. We’ll always provide patch notes when these come out. No I can’t tell you what’s in it yet.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I REPORT SOMETHING?
We’re always listening and looking for reported issues. As you can imagine, when you drop your game out of nowhere and 25 million people show up in the first week, there’s going to be all kinds of issues, bugs, exploits, etc. discovered. Our customer service team provides daily reports and many folks on the dev team are finding and emailing links of reported issues across social channels and reddit. We’ve also got some rad tools that capture all kinds of data from the game, measure sentiment, and provide insight into what the most talked about things are around Apex Legends.
When issues are reported they are curated by our wonderful QA team who attempts to reproduce the issue based on the info they have. If they are able to reproduce it, a ticket is created and they are added to the rest of the known issues, prioritized, scheduled, and assigned to the proper devs to address it. How do we prioritize? We use data to inform us of how many people are being affected, how damaging the exploit could be, how much resources it would take to fix it, etc.
HELP US HELP YOU
If we can’t reproduce the issue locally, it’s pretty impossible to fix it. That’s why it’s super important that when you report an issue you’re experiencing, you provide as much information as possible. If you just post: “My game keeps crashing. Fix it.”, there’s not a lot we can do to help you, and we really want to help you!
So, help us help you. Best place to report bugs is using the link below and following some steps:
- What platform are you playing on?
- Origin ID / Gamertag / PSN
- What were you doing leading up to the issue?
- Can you reproduce it? What are the steps?
- PC players - provide hardware specs, OS version and GPU driver version.
- If possible, it’s great if you can capture a screenshot / picture or video.
- Pay attention for dev updates.
As of today over 16,000 cheaters have been identified and banned from the game. Cheaters suck. If you run into one, please try and capture the evidence and let us know here: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/
Even if you don’t get proof, get their ID and flag it and we can investigate the account. We have heard your feedback about a report feature in the game. I’ll just say that’s a very good idea :)
OUR ONGOING CONVERSATION
Your trust is truly important to us. Seriously. We said at launch that we will always strive to be direct, honest, and as transparent as we can with all of you. This is how we’ll be starting to do that:
- We’re going to start doing more regular updates like this moving forward. I’ll be making posts daily starting Tuesday next week. Not all of these will be ground breaking or major news but think of it as our way of checking in each day to address what we can.
- Livestreams! As we speak, a production team is building a rad soundstage and set right here at Respawn. I can’t wait to get it up and running and start putting on shows with the team. We will debut our first developer stream around the launch of Season 1.
- With the permission of you all and the mod team, I’d like to have a dedicated spot here where I can provide a list of troubleshooting tips for some issues folks are having.
- Couple more things in the works that we'll talk about more in the near future.
I wish I could respond to each and every one of you but it’s physically impossible. For context: I currently have nearly 6K responses and over 50 message requests in my inbox, and that’s just this subreddit. Trust me when I say that myself, and many folks on the team are here reading your posts and it’s been the best feeling seeing our baby out in the wild and taking on a life of its own through you.
Enjoy the weekend, be kind to each other, and have fun! Next update on Tuesday.External link →