This game includes optional in-game purchases of virtual currency that can be used to acquire virtual in-game items, including a random selection of virtual in-game items.
Welcome to Lifeline’s Clinic, a new place to heal up and chill out. This new state-of-the-art building is nestled between Gardens and Grow Towers, in the northeast corner of Olympus.
In the center of the Clinic's main floor stands the Med-bay. With it, legends can take advantage of the most refined automated healing system in the Outlands. Whenever injured legends are standing on the platform, a heal tether will activate and attach to them. If the Med-bay is charged, they will get continuous healing. Additionally, the Med-bay's holo-displays will indicate if someone is healing, or if the Med-bay is recharging.
If you want better loot, just head to the "Emergency Platform" at the back and use the Care Package console located there. Make sure to reach it first as you can only use the console once per game.
Control mode returns during the Awakening Collection Event and this time, World’s Edge will be joining the rotation with Olympus and Storm Point. If this is going to be your first time playing Control or it’s been a while, catch up with our blog that explains the popular mode here. Also, check out the new features we’ll be adding to Control during the Awakening Collection Event:
- Introduce Ad Drones to Control for flavor & storytelling purposes, but yes, you can also shoot them.
- Matchmaking improvement – Fill slots of missing players at the start of Control with new players to prevent imbalanced matches.
- Added tabs to the About screen – seen in Lobby and accessible in Control matches.
- One of the new tabs has a breakdown of Ratings values.
- The other has a breakdown of how the spawn system works.
The Awakening Collection Event introduces a brand new set of 24-themed, limited-time cosmetics. Look every inch the fighter in new Legendary skins including Horizon’s “Atom Heart Mother”, Fuse’s “Animal Instinct”, Ash’s “Existential Threat”, and more!
All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Awakening Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.
Collect all 24 themed event-limited cosmetics to unlock our latest Heirloom: Valkyrie’s the “Suzaku”!
You can earn 1,600 points per day and challenges refresh daily. All of these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass so that you can complete multiple at once.
During the Awakening Collection Event we’ll be bringing back the Special Offers tab that will be offering deals during the event.
- Turned the match Time Limit back on, and have new logic for determining when the match should end which should fix the issue where matches were ending early
- Give players a full ult on respawn if they had one when they died
- Tuned down the Ratings given when you spawn on homebase from 75 percent to 50 percent to the next tier.
- Fixed issue where players on the end of match podium would be in random positions instead of grouped together in their squads.
- Decrease Spawn wave times…
- Max Deathscreen time old: 20 secs new: 15 secs.
- Spawn Wave Max Time Old: 12 secs New: 10 secs.
- First Wave Spawn Max Time Old: 20 secs New: 15 secs.
- Turned off enemy highlights and enemy vehicle highlights.
- Force players to drain neutral point capture progress before starting to gain capture progress for their own team; if capture progress was made on a neutral point by the enemy team.
- Increase capture rate on Objectives based on the number of players capturing
- 1 = x1
- 2 = x1.5
- 3 = x2
- 4 = x2.25
- 5 = x2.5
- 6 = x2.75
- 7 = x3
- 8 = x3
- 9 = x3
- Moved the turbo charger for the Havoc back to Purple Tier.
- Allow players to equip 3x Scopes on LMG's and Assault Weapons in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Allow players to equip 4x-8x Scopes on Snipers in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Merged the Marksman and Sniper Loadouts into a single Long-Range Loadout, Added a Specialist Loadout Category to give players more Med-Close Range options.
- Updates to Spawning Logic to try to prevent players from spawning near enemies.
- Players now gain Ratings for team actions like Zone Neutralization or Capture even if they participated in the action and got personal Ratings out of it as well ( previously the player would get one or the other ).
- Players will no longer get the Playing With Squad Ratings bonus for Ratings gained from Lockout being broken, and Bonus Capture Timed Event being completed.
- Removed the Squad Wipe Ratings Bonus when killing an enemy.
- Added a HUD message when Lockout is no longer available in the match ( displays again if Lockout conditions are met when Lockout is not available).
- Control: Moved the scoreboard to the inventory as the first tab. Changed the scoreboard button to be the same button as the inventory on the respawn screen.
- Arenas: Moved the scoreboard to the second tab in the inventory and added new tracked player information( assists, and crafting materials), and round wins for the team.
- Scoreboard added as a tab while spectating in Arenas
- Scoreboard added as a tab at the end of the game for both Arenas and Control
- Updated the art and position of the shields regening UI on the HUD to sit above the players unitframe
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to throw grenades or use an Ash ult to enter through a hole in the collision mesh of the Armories roof (Hotfix).
- Fixed an issue where you would become unable to mantle after using the teleporter under the Armory (Hotfix).
- Prevented Tridents from landing on top of Armories.
- Removed Gold Loot Roller reward at Wave 8.
- Decreased chances of hop-ups spawning through the Smart Loot system. Base hop-up spawn rate is now 50% with Gold hop-ups further reduced to 20%.
- Smart Loot is no longer generated for teammates outside the Armory.
- R-301 and Rampage removed from crafting and added back to floor loot.
- Wingman and CAR SMG added to the crafting and removed from floor loot.
Out of Bounds
- Weapons and Abilities will now only stow in an OOB trigger when the player is on the ground (OOB timer will still tick up).
- Optic on Gold version defaults to the 3x Ranger.
- Can now use decoys from Valk Skydive Re-Deploy.
- Moved revive cancel option from Lifeline to the player that’s getting revived.
- D.O.C. Heal Drone
- Healing pool increased from 150 to infinite (still lasts 20s).
- Doubled the healing radius.
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3.5 minutes.
- The weapon attachment panel now comes with a Shield Battery instead of two Shield Cells.
- No blue beam on initial drop (will still show up after the Care Package lands).
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Rings tuned for more balanced map dispersion.
This split’s reset is softer
- 13.1 Split Reset: 6 → 4 divisions
Lower entry cost
- -10 RP across all divisions and tiers.
Diminishing Kill Values:
More RP for high elimination counts
Currently the first three eliminations are worth about 100%. The subsequent three are worth about 80%, and anything after that is worth about 20%. We are changing it so each squad is worth about 20% less, while maintaining a minimum of 20%. This will give winning teams with high eliminations about 40 to 60 more RP.
Kill Tier Differences
More RP for killing players of higher tier
Please note: these Ranked changes will take effect with Split 2 for this Season and not at 13.1's launch.
- Fixed Olympus Drop Ship pathing bug where the vast majority of games would start above the Docks area
- Crypto can now scan Survey Beacons with his Drone while riding the Trident.
- Fixed bug for cases where Newcastle could get stuck in the air for a few seconds when using his Ultimate while ensnared by Ash’s tactical.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are able to fill Revive Shield instantly by throwing a Knockdown Shield and picking it back up.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are unable to reload while the “Destroy Wall” prompt is onscreen.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where using his Ultimate would deploy longer than intended.
- Fix for cases where Legends [Newcastle / Seer] could get inside locked Vaults by placing a Totem on Mobile Shield.
- Fixed bug where Wraith was able to create a portal while in Revenant Ultimate and have the portal appear next to the totem after being sent back
- Add soundFX for Newcastle when he enters a Trident.
- Fix UI bug where Legend info would not display in the Firing Range.
- IMC Armory fix for situations where players could camp and block spots not intended to be with Wraith Portals and Tridents.
- [PS5] - Fix for bug where a player’s friends list does not properly update after putting the console in rest mode.
- Fix for cases where some larger Legends were sometimes unable to enter Containers on Storm Point when approaching them rapidly at an angle.
- Fix for Rampage/Sentinel for cases where the charging animation would show but they won't charge when aiming down sites.
- Fix for cases where Bloodhound and Seer scans would persist after the user leaves the game.
- [Caustic] - Fix for bug where players could still see the enemy’s red highlight while they are in or behind the gas they deployed.
- Blood splatter VFX no longer appears when Ash gets shot.
- Fix cases where Amped Up” UI persists after Seer uses Heart Seeker passive.
- [Control Mode] - Fixed bug for when the enemy team will continue a capture point's progress without needing to flip or undo the other team's progress.
- [Control Mode] - Fix for UI bug where the Abandoned Game Penalty is actually longer than the display warns.
- [Control Mode] - Fixed bug where picking up a weapon in Control always shows a full mag.
- Fix for cases where players appear to keep their thermite grenade after equipping it while using it on an explosive hold.
- [PS4 Pro / Xbox One X] - Fixes to improve frame rate issues during gameplay on some areas on Olympus.
- [PS4] - Fix to improve performance issues on grassy areas on Olympus.
Play Apex Legends for free* now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via the EA App, Origin and Steam.
Sign up for our newsletter today to receive the latest Apex Legends news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.
This announcement may change as we listen to community feedback and continue developing and evolving our Live Service & Content. We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible. For more information, please refer to EA’s Online Service Updates at https://www.ea.com/service-updates.
*Applicable platform account and platform subscription (sold separately) may be required. A persistent internet connection and EA account required. Age restrictions apply. Includes in-game purchases.