This game includes optional in-game purchases of virtual currency that can be used to acquire virtual in-game items, including a random selection of virtual in-game items.
This week, the Respawn team made additional core improvements and added Valentine’s Day items into the mix. Community Manager Jay Frechette (Jayfresh_Respawn) took to the Apex Legends subreddit to discuss these changes with the community. Check out all the details in his own words below, or head over to the official Reddit post and jump into the conversation.
Valentine’s Days – Store items will be available starting at 6:00 p.m. PST on 2/13.
- Added Live Die Live Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited-time badge.
- Added Valentine’s Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store from 2/13 until 2/19, and then they’re gone!
- Through the Heart Longbow DMR epic skin
- Love of the Game Pathfinder banner frame
Stability / Bugs / Performance / Quality of Life
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed an issue where players would get a gray screen in the lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed an issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened the duration for which Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones remain in the world by one second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number of map geo bugs, like holes you could fall through or get stuck in, plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PlayStation Plus Pack
- Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card. Names changed to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that have already received the skins as well.
We still have a lot of work to do, and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes. We’re working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone.
Play Apex Legends for free* now on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Origin for PC.
Sign up for our newsletter today to receive the latest Apex Legends news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.
*Applicable platform account and platform subscription (sold separately) may be required. Persistent internet connection and EA account required. Age restrictions apply. Includes in-game purchases.