A hint of each Killer’s character shines through with their Mori, whether that’s The Trickster’s showmanship or The Hag’s… questionable diet. The only way to see these animations currently is to use a Memento Mori offering or equip one of only a few select Perks, leading to them rarely being seen. Moreover, Moris have garnered a somewhat negative reputation over the years, being used out of spite against a particular Survivor.
This upcoming Public Test Build (PTB) will feature an early version of the new Finishing Mori system. Unlike most PTBs, this feature will not be going live in the following update. There’s still some work to be done before it’s ready to be released, but we wanted to give you an opportunity to try it out and share your thoughts in advance!
LAST STANDING When all other Survivors are dead, dying, hooked, or have escaped, you become the Last Standing. Both your and the Killer’s senses are heightened, granting you a wider field of view. Rescuing a Survivor will end the Last Standing phase. But being downed as the final Survivor, on the other hand, will trigger the Finishing Mori.
When the last Survivor is downed, the trial will draw to a climactic end. Both the Survivor and Killer will be moved to a preset point on the map, free of any obstructions that may get in the way, and the Killer’s Mori animation will begin. Any Survivors still in the trial will be killed by The Entity and treated like a sacrifice.
HOPE IS NOT LOST With this new system in place, leaving Survivors on the ground (A.K.A. ‘Slugging’) may seem more appealing, opening the possibility of ending the match early. But the Survivors aren’t going to give up without a fight: After being left on the ground for 45 seconds, Survivors will now gain the ability to pick themselves up without the need of any Perks. This time is affected by recovery speed effects.
PERK UPDATES With both the Mori and the ability to pick yourself up now part of the base kit, a handful of Perks that grant these abilities will need adjustments. Therefore:
- The ability to pick yourself up has been removed from Unbreakable, Soul Guard, No Mither, and Boon: Exponential, as this is now part of the base kit
- The ability to Mori Survivors has been removed from Rancor and Hex: Devour Hope, as this is now part of the base kit
- Unbreakable: Now increases dying self-recovery speed by 80/90/100%
- Rancor: Once all generators are powered, the Obsession’s aura is revealed for 5 seconds, and they are permanently inflicted with the Exposed Status Effect
- Hex: Devour Hope: Once 5 tokens have been earned, any Survivor placed on a hook is instantly sacrificed
MEMENTO MORI OFFERINGS With the Finishing Mori being triggered automatically when the last Survivor is downed, Memento Mori Offerings no longer have any use and will also receive an update. These offerings will now award a bounty of Bloodpoints based on the number of Survivors killed if you earn a Finishing Mori.
- Cypress Memento Mori: Gain 8,000 Bloodpoints if at least 2 Survivors are killed and the match ends in a Finishing Mori
- Ivory Memento Mori: Gain 12,000 Bloodpoints if at least 3 Survivors are killed and the match ends in a Finishing Mori
- Ebony Memento Mori: Gain 20,000 Bloodpoints if at least 4 Survivors are killed and the match ends in a Finishing Mori
The Finishing Mori system, anti-slugging mechanic, and other changes mentioned in this post will be available for testing during next week’s Public Test Build. As a reminder, these new features will not be a part of the 6.3.0 update: This is an early preview that is not yet ready for release. We would like to gather your feedback early as we continue developing these features to make their eventual release as smooth as possible.
Until next time…
The Dead by Daylight team