New H.U.D Patch 0.13 will be available April 27th
. Update release time will be announced next week.
Fault’s new HUD is here!
The new HUD is more than just changing the visual aesthetic of the display itself, but also changing how all information is presented to the player. To achieve this we have created custom animations and VFX/SFX to feed your eyes and ears the information you need in a satisfying way, without taking your attention away from the action.
We wanted a HUD that holds all the information a MOBA game needs, combined with the aesthetic and clutterless feel of action games, and we feel we have achieved this in patch 0.13.0. We will continue to monitor the HUD and the community's reactions to it to further refine it as needed after release.
With the HUD update comes an entirely new set of in-game icons for roles, status effects, and more! Be sure to study this image in preparation for the patch!
The style of the in-game store has changed drastically and new features have been implemented to help everyone navigate and plan out their builds in a more efficient way.
Quick Buy Feature
This screen will pop up when you return to base and will give you shortcuts to buying items from the recommended tab without needing to open the shop. The quick buy shop will also reflect player's custom builds in the future when we add the option for all players to preplan their builds in the main menu.
Refined Recommended Tag
This new system will help new players decide on what items they should buy throughout the match. The recommendations come in 3 stages; The first being a suggested set of starting items to get you going, the second phase will recommend up to three essential or “core” items, and finally, the Easy Loadout feature will continue to give you multiple options best suited to your hero and role to help everyone quickly choose their builds and get a feel for what items are best for each hero.
We now have a full death recap feature and will provide you a full breakdown of all damage taken leading to your hero's death.
Our new ping system has been designed to be much easier to control during the heat of battle, and many new animations have been added to ensure your team hears you loud and clear.
While creating our new scoreboard we have added a few things to the scoreboard itself, such as buff timers, stats on hover, and the option to mute/report players.
New Victory Screen
This screen will pop up after the match has ended, providing everyone's stats for the match along with an area to add new friends or report players if necessary.
Ability Cast System Overhaul The new casting system will affect many aspects of gameplay like the way stuns affect players and opposing heroes' abilities/cooldowns, how/when mana is consumed, and much more. The main purpose of this rework is to improve smoothness and immersion during fights and, along with our new client prediction systems, it will drastically improve how the game feels overall.
Client Prediction Improvements
We have completely reworked our projectile system and ability system to contain far more client predictions to allow for a smoother experience overall on all ping levels. The major feature of this rework is a new client prediction code that allows the server and client to be in sync as much as possible. For projectiles, this will hopefully fix false positive hits such as Narbash thunk bug. Furthermore, it will allow for perfect VFX spawn locations that are in sync on all clients (such as on hit VFX) which should make the game feel smoother and consistent overall. For aiming abilities, this will allow the client and server to be 100% in sync as to where you are aiming when you confirm the ability. Also, a lot more gameplay effects will be predicted on the client to create a smoother experience with as little delay/lag as possible.
Players should be able to buffer ability commands, meaning subsequent abilities and commands can be queued to automatically occur. Activating an ability or item during another ability or item's cast and recovery duration will queue the ability or item to occur immediately after the current cast and recovery duration is over.
Projectile Accuracy Improvements
We have improved projectile travel to give a significantly lower amount of false hits on clients when playing with a moderate to high ping. Client prediction already makes the moderate to high ping experience comfortable enough within reasonable thresholds, this will improve the experience even further by making the results of projectile travel and hits more reliable.
VFX System Rework
Place Holder Dev Comment: This is a large step towards a quicker hero creation pipeline, it is a full technical pass on how VFX runs but also a re-design of the tools used for that purpose. It is also part of our efforts in creating systems that will stand the test of time as the game grows in the coming years.
The rework will provide the infrastructure to add many features in coming updates such as:
- Centralized VFX codebase allowing for better maintainability for years to come.
- Allow to prepare better tools for our artists to be more involved in the process of applying their VFX to the heroes.
- Allow for T3-T4 skins to have different VFX for their abilities, as well as improvements on hero VFX in general.
- and more.
Even though this rework is mostly technical and won't immediately show results (They will rather incrementally show up throughout future updates), it has also given us the opportunity to do a remaster of hero VFX used throughout the game. So you will still notice minor or major improvements per-hero like adding more VFX where it's lacking or fixing sync problems between gameplay and VFX.
Our sound designer grinded out a ton of new audio to help feed your ears the proper information in a cleaner, more readable way. There is so much new audio in-game that we felt it would be best to provide only a list/samples of SFX that notify of major gameplay moments.
Some Examples:Raptor Spawn Distant[soundcloud.com]Raptor Slain Distant[soundcloud.com]Orb Prime Spawn Distant[soundcloud.com]Orb Prime Slain Distant[soundcloud.com]Ally Core Taking Damage[soundcloud.com]Minion Aggro[soundcloud.com]
Soft Elo Reset With patch 0.13.0, we will be implementing a soft FR reset. This reset will be a step towards helping to balance and tighten the edges of our matchmaking for both new and old players alike.
New River Objectives With Patch 0.13.0 we have implemented three new Shrines into the map. These new objectives will grant buffs when destroyed and give players a new goal to fight over in-game. These new shrines will add more options/versatility when planning your jungle pathing or lane rotations during a match.
Each shrine has 1250 Health, 20 Physical and Energy Armour, grants 90 Experience and 60 Gold to the player who destroys the shrine. Additionally, Basic Attacks against shrines grant players 1% of their missing Health and 3% of their missing Mana, while killing the shrine grants an additional 10% of your missing Health and 30% of your missing Mana.
There will be two Shrines located on either side of the mid lane that grant the Ancient's Blessing buff when destroyed, increasing XP gain by 5% and Mana Regen equal to 0.5% of missing Mana for 90s.
This shrine will be found near the offlane and grants the player 1.25 Health Regen (+0.25/min) and 2.5 Mana Regen (+0.2/min) for 90s.Chrimata Blessing
The final shrine can be found by the duo lane and grants 15 additional Gold per minion killed for 90s.
Steam Badges are craftable items that you can display on your Steam profile by collecting an entire set of Trading Cards. The more you craft, the higher your Badge level! Trading Cards can drop into your Steam inventory by simply playing the game, trade them with friends or sell/buy them on the Steam marketplace. In addition to Badges, you also have the chance to receive Steam Chat Emoticons & profile Backgrounds when you craft one! To read more about Trading Cards and how they work, you can do so here.
After we add these base community items, we will be working on Steam Points Shop items that include things like Stickers, Animated Profile Backgrounds, Mini-Profile Backgrounds, Avatar Profile Frames and Animated Avatars. To read more about the Steam Points Shop, you can do so here.
- Fixed an issue causing players to spawn in base looking towards the last location they were facing before dying or teleporting back to base.
- Fixed crosshair not changing states on turrets.
- Fixed bug causing health bars not showing above turrets even when outside of its range.
- Fixed damage popups showing up staggered when dealing damage to multiple enemies.
- Fixed Reconnection bug causing Hero Portraits to disappear on load-in.
- Fixed bug causing raptor to spawn inside the ground.
- Fixed bug causing Reconnect option to not appear when relogging.
- Fixed an issue causing Raptor to not deal damage when directly underneath it.
- Fixed issue causing unlocked FPS to still lock to 60 FPS.
- Fixed crosshair animations to not work properly on Turrets.Inhibitor Crystals should now properly regenerate Health when out of combat.
- Fixed an issue causing Inhibitor Crystals to have backdoor protection when minions were not nearby.
- Fixed an issue allowing the Core to regenerate its Health while under attack.
- Fixed an issue causing potions to not last 30% longer.
- Fixed an issue causing additional gold on minion last hits to not appear for the players gold popup.
- Fixed an issue with King not properly updating the pop-up gold number to show the correct amount of gold the player will receive.
- Fixed an issue causing players ward cooldowns to not get reduced after destroying an enemy ward.
- Fixed an issue causing discplaced heros to lose the ability to walk through minions.
- Fixed an issue with Demonic Embrace causing the passive to not work after its first use.
- Fixed an issue causing item to reveal stealth heroes.
- Fixed an issue causing item to show the incorrect amount of stacks at the beginning of the match if purchased.
- Fixed an issue causing jungle minion aggro to reset when hitting them with the Red Buff.
- Fixed an issue causing wards are stop projectiles.
- Fixed an issue causing Invisible wards to still play on-hit SFX/VFX
- Fixed various map collision and ward bugs.
- Fixed an issue to cause turrets to stop working when wards were placed within them.
Boris Rocket Slam (R)
Blood Lust (P)
- Fixed an issue causing Boris' Bonus Damage based on enemies missing Health to not work properly.
- Fixed an issue with Boris’ passive levels not incrementing until activating his Bear Necessities (E) canister.
- Fixed an issue causing Boris' Bonus Damage based on his and Enemies Missing Health to not trigger on Enemy Heroes.
Gideon Cosmic Progression (P):
- Fixed issues causing the SFX to not play in the correct location.
Greystone Deflect (P):
- Fixed bug with Greystones passive that would disable Narbash’s ability Song of My People.
Kallari Shadow Veil (Q)
Assassin’s Execution (R)
- Fixed incorrect information showing up in Kallari’s learn tab descriptions.
- Removed Instant and Smart Cast options as they were breaking the ability and causing players to be unable to use the second cast of their ultimate.
Morigesh Swarm (E):
- Fixed an issue with Morigesh Swarm Slow Resistance, causing it to not affect her Movement Speed.
Muriel Serenity (Q):
- Fixed targeting issue with Muriel Q causing it to aim down and to the left of the players crosshair.
- Fixed bug where healing does not display on the health bar.
Sevarog Relentless (P):
- Now correctly upgrades according to her hero level.
Sparrow Relentless (P)
- Now correctly upgrades according to her hero level.
Twinblast Grenade (Q)
Fixed incorrect information showing up in Twinblast’s in-game and learn tab descriptions.
- Health of T1, T2 and Inhibitor towers reduced from 4000/3500/6300 to 3600/3400/3200 respectively.
- Melee minion Health gained every three waves reduced from 34 to 22.
- Ranged minion Health gained every three waves reduced from 7.8 to 6.
Jungle Blue Buff
- Now grants 10% Cooldown Reduction.
- Added Teleport Emitter to better show the range of the blink when aiming the ability.
- Reduce Energy Power from 35 to 25.
- Blink Distance from 1100 to 1500.
- Cooldown from 40 to 30 seconds.
- Percent Energy Penetration Increased from 10% to 15%.
- Item now builds out of two Inspiration’s.
- Reduced the bonus Gold from kills from 20% to 5%.
- Gold gained per minion last hit increased from 3 to 6.
Lt. Belica Command Drone (E):
Neural Disruptor (R):
- Mana cost increased from 75 at all levels to 60/70/80/90/100.
- Mana cost increased from 100/110/120 to 100/120/140.
Dekker Ion Bot (E):
- Slow reduced from 25/30/35/40/45% to 20/25/30/35/40%.
- Mana cost reduced from 80/90/100/110/120 to 80/85/90/95/100.
Gadget Electron Gate (E):
- Speed increased from 20/24/28/32/36% to 24/28/32/36/40%.
Anti-Personnel Mine (Q):
Disruptor Drone (RMB):
- Damage increased from 80/120/160/200/240 to 80/125/170/215/260.
- Energy Power scaling increased from 85% to 100%.
- Projectile speed slightly increased.
- Bot seek speed increased from 100 to 150.
- Base damage increased from 12/20/28/36/44 to 14/22/30/38/46.
- Projectile speed slightly increased.
- Removed the 50% damage reduction to minions.
Greystone Assault The Gates (RMB):Fiery Swords (Q):
Champion's Courage (E):
- Duration reduced from 5s to 4s, reducing the total damage from 120/180/240/300/360 to 96/144/192/240/288.
- Power scaling reduced from 120% to 96%.
- Disarm duration reduced from 2s at all levels to 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2s.
- Mana regenerated increased from 15/20/25% to 20/25/30%.
Grim SURGE.Exe (Passive):
- Surge detonation damage increased from 12-120 to 16-160.
- Energy power scaling increased from 60% to 75%.
- Energy cost reduced from 50/45/40/35/30 to 30 at all levels.
Assassin's Execution (R):
- Health per hero level reduced from 87 to 84.
- Basic Attack Damage gained per hero level reduced from 3 to 2.
- Basic Attack Damage reduced from 58 to 57.
- Increased Mana cost from 100 at all levels to 150/175/200.
Khaimera Spirit Regeneration (Passive):
Berserker's Spirit (E):
- Duration increased from 1.5s to 2.5s.
- Mana cost reduced from 50/60/70/80/90 to 45 at all levels.
Kwang Fury Of The Heavens (R):
Light Of The Heavens (RMB):
- Mana cost increased from 100 at all levels to 150/125/100.
Power of the heavens (E):
- Bonus Health shield scaling reduced from 10% to 5%.
- Shield reduced from 60/80/100/120/140 to 55/70/85/100/115.
Judgement Of The Heavens (Q):
- Shreds only when out of hand
- Tether duration reduced from 2/2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8s to 1.6/1.8/2/2.2/2.4s.
- Basic Attack damage gained per hero level reduced from 4 to 2.5.
Morigesh Pestilence (Q):
- Width increased slightly.
Murdock Judgement Of The Law (Passive):
Static Trap (E):
- Low Health threshold reduced from 24/28/32/36/40% to 20/22.5/25/27.5/30%.
- Mana cost reduced from 85 at all levels to 45/50/55/60/65.
Long Arm Of The Law (R):
- Mana cost increased from 50/60/70/80/90 to 60/70/80/90/100.
- Mana cost increased from 75/85/95 to 100 at all levels.
Muriel Divine Touch (Passive):
Consecrated Ground (E):
- Base damage reduced from 5/10/15/20/25s to 4/8/12/16/20s.
- Cooldown increased from 8/7.5/7/6.5/6s to 12/11/10/9/8s.
- Shield increased from 60/80/100/120/140 to 70/90/110/130/150.
- Shield Energy Power scaling reduced from 40% to 30%.
Narbash Song Of My People (E):
- Cooldown increased from 5s to 12/11/10/9/8s.
Riktor Chain Pull (RMB):
- Mana cost increased from 70/75/80/85/90 to 120/110/100/90/80.
- Mana cost increased from 100 at all levels to 100/120/140.
- Cast time reduced from 0.5s to 0.4s.
- Angle increased from 35 to 40°.
- Percentage of target's current Health and % of Riktor's bonus Health dealt as Energy damage reduced from 3% to 2.5% respectively.
Sevarog Colossal Blow (R):
- Mana cost changed from 100 at all levels to 80/100/120.
Sparrow Hail Of Arrows (Q):
Inner Fire (R):
- Base damage per tick reduced from 30/40/50/60/70 to 20/30/40/50/60.
- Range reduced from 1800 to 1600.
- Bonus Basic Attack range reduced from 270 to 135.
- Duration changed from 5/7/9s to 6/7/8s.
Twinblast Ventilate (R):
- Additional dash charges reduced from 2 to 1.
Rapid Fire (RMB):
- Bonus Attack speed reduced from 20/30/40/50/60% to 25/30/35/40/45%.
- Mana cost increased from 45 at all levels to 60.
— Strange Matter Team