In v23.10, more Frostnite Challenges, more Winterfest questlines, and an Alien weapon set update all arrive in Fortnite Save the World!
Frostnite Challenges Week 3: New Wave Holiday
Starting December 11, 2022, at 7 pm ET the horde will get restless and the waves will keep coming! The only way to advance in this Frostnite Challenge is to eliminate the given number of Husks, and be warned: there’s nowhere to hide. Making it through this packed edition of Frostnite will reward you with the coolest festive Hero, Jingle Jess.
- Standard Perk: Bear With Me
- Increases T.E.D.D.Y. duration by 4 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Bear With Me+
- Increases T.E.D.D.Y. duration by 12 seconds.
“Just tell me where the presents are.” - Jingle Jess
Also starting December 11, the Ice Queen returns to her throne in the Event Store at 7 PM ET along with the Cocoa .45 Pistol!
The Ice Queen likes her Husks frozen…
- Standard Perk: Cold to the Touch
- Increases damage against frozen enemies by 14%.
- Commander Perk: Cold to the Touch+
- Increases damage against frozen enemies by 14%. Seismic Smash freezes enemies for 2.75 seconds.
“My way of ruling can be a little... cold.” - Ice Queen
Not even the Husks will be able to resist the holiday spirit thanks to this silenced pistol. The Cocoa .45 is capable of shooting projectiles that bounce off of walls and pass through enemies!
Misfit Toys Questline
Something isn’t quite right with the toys that our Homebase Heroes opened this year — a band of misfit toys are on the loose and they’re out for vengeance. Help Homebase quell the misfit toy uprising to unlock Hero Jilly Teacup, the toy Outlander.The Misfit Toys Questline goes live December 11 at 7 PM ET.
Jilly Teacup Winds Up
- Standard Perk: Under Warranty
- T.E.D.D.Y. has 100% Crit Chance against new targets and has a 5% chance to “Malfunction.” During Malfunction, T.E.D.D.Y finds a new target after every shot.
- Commander Perk: Under Warranty+
- T.E.D.D.Y. has 100% Crit Chance against new targets and has a 5% chance to “Malfunction.” During Malfunction, T.E.D.D.Y finds a new target after every shot and Zaps a nearby enemy for 51 base energy damage. Zapped targets deal 51 base energy damage to surrounding enemies.
"It's time to party!" - Jilly
Frostnite Challenges Week 4: Super Heated
Starting December 18 at 7 pm ET, some warmth will be needed in this brutal wintry biome, but this is going a bit too far… The Burner is heating up so much that just being near it will make you feel the burn. Keep yourself and structures at a safe distance from the Burner, or feel its burning hot intensity. Completing this Frostnite Challenge will reward you with the sweet pistol, the Ginger Blaster.
The Ginger BlasterNot only does this frosting-covered pistol pack a potent punch, but it will also drop some healing gumdrops after Husk eliminations!
The Pain Train
Slow and steady wins the race! Also starting December 18, the Pain Train — Slow and steady wins the race with this powerful assault rifle! — returns to the Event Store at 7 PM ET.
Frostnite Challenges Week 5: Special DeliveryStarting December 25 at 7 pm ET, the BluGlo will be tapped and won’t be found in the environment. Venture out and defend the newly deployed BluGlo dispensers to keep that burner filled! Keep the burner warm during this Frostnite Challenge to unlock Hero Ted and a unique banner.
Ted Brings the Holiday Cheer
- Standard Perk: First Cup of The Day
- While Goin' Commando is active, Crit Rating is increased by 10 and Crit Damage by 100%.
- Commander Perk: First Cup of The Day +
- While Goin' Commando is active, Crit Rating is increased by 10 and Crit Damage by 100%. In addition, eliminating five enemies heals you and nearby allies for 97 base health.
“I love toying with the enemy.” - Ted
Santa’s Little Helper
Also starting December 25, Santa’s Little Helper — which launches explosive presents that damage and knock back groups of enemies —returns to the Event Store at 7 PM ET.
Frostnite Weekly Challenge 6: Top it Off
We near the end of the Frostnite Challenges starting January 1, 2023, at 7 PM ET, when the Storm will be picking up in intensity! Not only will the Storm close in faster, but it will also do increased damage. You’re gonna wanna keep that burner filled if you want to survive this chilling Frostnite Challenge!
Completing this Frostnite Challenge will award you with the quick and efficient Frostbite Sniper Rifle!
Frostbite Sniper Rifle
Give the Husks Frostbite with this semi-automatic rifle. The Frostbite Sniper Rifle is a mid- to long-range rifle that deals high damage when fired quickly.
Red Willow Arrives with a Returning Questline
Beginning January 1 at 7pm ET, the Storm is out for holiday vengeance! In response, help Ray concoct the ultimate post-holiday antidote in the Red Willow’s Eve questline. Complete this questline to unlock Hero Red Willow, the new ghostly Outlander.
“Have a very scary holiday!” - Red Willow
Red Willow is Here to Scare
- Standard Perk: Holiday Surprise
- Triggers an explosion at the end of Phase Shift, dealing 20 base energy damage in a .75 tile radius.
- Commander Perk: Holiday Surprise+
- Triggers an explosion at the end of Phase Shift, dealing 20 base energy damage in a .75 tile radius. Additionally, Phase Shift has a 60% chance to conjure a Phantasm.
Alien Weapon Changes
v23.10 brings the following updates to the Invasion set weapons:
- Added a large headshot damage bonus while you’re aiming down sights.
- Increased damage against Husks and the environment.
- Reduced weapon impact to compensate.
- Increased heat capacity so it can fire in much longer bursts.
- Slightly reduced damage against Husks to compensate.
- Significantly increased damage against the environment.
- Damage no longer falls off with range.
- Damage now increases up to 4x as you charge it up.
- Increased magazine capacity from 1 to 3.
- Reduced point-blank damage against Husks.
- Increased damage against the environment.
- Increased headshot damage.
- Increased knockback magnitude.
Pulse Pounder, Shooting Star, and Third Rail
- Corrected durability on all Crystal variants.
- Removed incompatible Perks from the pool available to them and replaced them with compatible Perk options.
- Very slightly reduced damage.
- Slightly reduced impact area.
- Decreased the time its projectile lasts after hitting a player-built structure.
- Increased ammo cost per shot from 3 to 30.
Major Bug Fixes
A number of important bug fixes were included in the v23.10 game update, including:
- Fixed an issue where the reticle would scale in the opposite direction of the HUD.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to freeze indefinitely on loading screens.
- Weapons with charge-up mechanics should now reliably have the correct damage multiplier when fired at max charge.
- Text has been restored to blank dialog window buttons.
- The denizens of Homebase found the old holiday ornaments tucked away in the back of a closet and have put them up again!