We've now released 1.18 pre-release 3 with additional bugfixes and some performance improvements. The update is set to release on November 30th, and you can read more about that here. Mark your calendars!
This update can also be found on minecraft.net.
UPDATE: We've now released Pre-release 4, fixing crashes.
Bugs fixed in 1.18 Pre-release 4
- MC-241774 - Crash when going nether portals or creating a single biome world with nether biomes // java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
- MC-241775 - Crash when going through end portals or creating a single biome world with end biomes // java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException: -5
- MC-241778 - Game crashes or freeze when loading and upgrading the 1.17.1 version of the Superflat world // java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: z: Biome decoration
Technical Changes in 1.18 Pre-release 3
server.jarwith an empty
bundlerMainClasswill now just validate and extract files, then exit
Bugs fixed in 1.18 Pre-release 3
- MC-109260 - Full-width punctuation characters are rendered incorrectly
- MC-185263 - Non full chunks in cache memory "semi-leak"
- MC-223840 - Lava blocks from "Lava Aquifers" don't get updated when a cave cuts through underneath them
- MC-231818 - You can no longer use the up or down arrow to navigate between servers in the multiplayer menu
- MC-236740 - Server-side lag spike sometimes occurs when attempting to locate a buried treasure or opening/breaking a chest containing a map
- MC-236764 - Lighting lags behind world generation
- MC-239397 - Lava pockets generate in icebergs
- MC-239610 - Severe world corruption due to 1.18 snapshots failing to deserialize chunks that 1.17 loads fine
- MC-239682 - Out of memory crash: World generation exhausts Java heap space
- MC-239950 - Feature placement doesn't check for biomes, causing unnecessary lag
- MC-240229 - Rain and snow fall on the same blocks in a certain height range
- MC-240483 - Foxes that spawn in grove biomes aren't the snowy variant
- MC-240589 - Game froze for several minutes and then crashed while flying around and loading chunks
- MC-241245 - Generated Deepslate overwrites ore veins (mainly Iron ore veins)
- MC-241255 - Gigantic Performance Drop after a couple of minutes
- MC-241352 - Directory structure is not consistent between server and client
Get the Pre-release
Snapshots & pre-releases are available for Minecraft Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
What else is new?
If you want to know what else is being added and changed in Part II of the Caves & Cliffs Update, check out the previous pre-release post.External link →