As we revealed on our Lake of Kalandra announcement livestream yesterday, we'll be hosting our second ExileCon event in New Zealand next year. At the event, we'll announce the Path of Exile 2 Beta start date and will reveal almost everything there is to know about Path of Exile 2 and Path of Exile Mobile. Attendees will be able to play both games, attend developer talks, meet the team, hang out with other Path of Exile fans, and more!
New Zealand is a great place to visit, but if you're unable to make it, we'll be streaming all the announcements and developer talks online for free.
When and where is ExileCon 2023?
The event will be hosted on July 29th and July 30th 2023 (NZT) at the Aotea Centre in Auckland, New Zealand.
What can I do at ExileCon 2023?
- Watch our big announcements for Path of Exile 2, Path of Exile Mobile and a preview of the Path of Exile 3.23 expansion
- Learn all about Path of Exile 2/Mobile. We plan to unveil most new game systems and content at the event
- Attend developer talks and learn how we develop games
- Meet our development team
- Hang out with other Path of Exile fans from around the world
- Meet your favourite streamers
- Play demos of Path of Exile 2 and Path of Exile Mobile
- Be first to get access to new merchandise.
- Watch the live finale of the race competition event
- Attend the ExileCon 2023 after-party
What types of tickets are available?
Regular ($230 USD):
- Entry to the event on both days
- Entry to the after-party, including a drink voucher
- A swag bag with some merchandise and a code for an exclusive event microtransaction
VIP ($700 USD):
- Regular access plus:
- Priority queueing for Path of Exile 2 and Path of Exile Mobile game demos
- Priority queueing for the merchandise shop
- VIP seating at the front of auditorium during the keynote presentation
- VIP dinner with GGG developers before the event. Location will be announced soon.
Ultra VIP ($2000 USD):
- VIP access plus:
- An exclusive dinner with GGG Founders and a few special guests (highly-limited ticket sales).
How do I get my ticket? We'll be releasing the first wave of tickets at 2pm PDT on August 25. These will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. You can purchase up to two tickets per Path of Exile account. If you'd like to purchase more, please contact customer support. There will be at least one more (likely smaller) wave of ticket sales later on, which we'll also announce in advance. Last time, the Ultra VIP and VIP tickets sold out extremely quickly. This time they are more expensive, but may still sell out fast. Be around at the exact time that they go on sale to increase your chances you can get some.
Note that upgrading between ticket types is supported, so there's no harm in buying a regular ticket to start with. If we add more VIP ones later you may be able to upgrade.
ExileCon is a Restricted 16 event and the party is a Restricted 18 event. You must have photo ID showing your age to enter. You must supply a name for each ticket that matches the photo ID you show when picking the ticket up and entering the venue.Tickets can be picked up while the event is open, or on the Friday beforehand during specific hours.
Path of Exile Race EventIn the leadup to ExileCon, we'll be hosting a series of race events as qualifiers for the grand finale. Players who qualify to compete in the grand finale will be flown to New Zealand to compete live on the main stage during ExileCon. More details to come.
Swag Bags, Merchandise and and Exclusive MicrotransactionEach attendee will receive a swag bag upon arrival at the event, including a map of the venue and some other surprises! We'll have a fresh line of merchandise available at the event that will be offered to attendees first before we make any remaining stock available to the wider community. Your swag bag also includes an exclusive in-game microtransaction that won't be available anywhere else. You must physically attend the event to receive this microtransaction.
Other things to do in New ZealandNew Zealand is renowned for its beautiful outdoors, mountains, beaches and forests. You can visit Hobbiton, the Waitomo Caves, Piha Beach, museums, the Sky Tower and visit other Lord of the Rings set locations. Find out more on the New Zealand tourism website.
Please note that late July is winter in New Zealand. Winters in Auckland are mild but other more-southern parts of New Zealand have popular snow activities, so consider adding a trip to a ski field to your visit!
COVID-19 PrecautionsNew Zealand has historically had strong restrictions in response to COVID-19. While these have eased, they may be reintroduced if a more dangerous variant of COVID-19 begins to circulate. In this event, it may limit the convention from going ahead and/or travellers from entering the country.
While we will refund your event tickets in this scenario, the majority of your costs may be international flights and accommodation, which we cannot reimburse you for. It's important to be aware of these risks when planning your travel. Discuss the refundability rules with your hotel, airline and travel insurance provider.
Closer to the time of the convention, we will announce the event's COVID-19 safety protocols that align with the pandemic situation at that time. For more information about COVID-19 safety when travelling to New Zealand, check out the NZ government website here.