Not sure what's going on, but for the last couple of weeks, The Division 2 has become unplayable with constant crashes. The game will play for about 15-20 minutes than hard lock. If I'm lucky I can Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end the game, but more often now, the game will simply hard lock the entire PC requiring a restart.
I also play other games like Cyberpunk 2077, and Mass Effect Legenday Edition and have no issues. This is on a custom built PC with the below specs...
- Case - Master Case H500M
- MB - Gigabyte Z390 Extreme
- CPU - Intel i9-9900K
- RAM - 32gig Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum RAM (3600MHz)
- CPU Cooler - Corsair AIO CPU cooler – H115i Pro
- Drives - 5 Samsung SSD drives: 2x 512gig 970 NVMe drives
- Graphics card - AMD Radeon VII
- Sound - On-board (ESS Sabre HiFi using Realtek drivers)
- Power Supply - EVGA Super Nova I000 P2 (1000 watt)
- Windows 11 Pro X64 (latest build - 22H2 (22621.1105) RTM. NOT insiders.
Currently running the latest AMD GPU drivers - Adrenalin 22.11.2. Things I've tried...
Clean installing the GPU drivers
Installing the latest AMD GPU drivers - Adrenalin 22.11.2
Verifying the game's files
Removing and reinstalling the game (a few times)
Game has the latest patch - 1.12
Check for hardware/heating issues, None found or noted in Reliability History. Also, no other game I play crashes or lock PC.
OS was clean installed last year so that's out the question, especially since the game ran fine without issue until about two weeks ago when the game just started hard locking.
Yes, the game is legit, I've had it since 2019 when I got it free with my GPU. Yes, the Ubisoft app is installed. At the end of the day the game simply refuses to play without crashing.
Anyone else? Suggestions.