Liar Ahead' Challenge should now trigger more consistently.
Tower Dasher' Challenge has seen some changes:
Tower of Treachery fixes:
- Hot-joining players are no longer eligible for challenge.
- Timer now starts when intro-cinematic ends.
Other Game Fixes:
- Fixed a closed gate and a snow pile which had no collision.
- Fixed some lights, textures and materials which could disappear when viewed from certain angles.
- Fixed some textures and materials which could diaplay a lower quality variant (LOD).
- Fixed a jumping route which looked possible but wasn't in the room with the wards.
- Fixed some spots where players (and some where bots) could get stuck.
- Fixed some spots with invisible walls which didn't make sense.
- Fixed an area where players would try to path to players in a manner that didn't make sense.
- Fixed various areas with some materials engaged in a z-fight.
- Fixed an area where an invisible blocker would eat friendly ranged attacks.
- Fixed an couple of out of bounds spots where players could leave the play area.
- Fixed a door that a hotjoining player could not pass through if they joined the match after the door was opened.
- Fixed an issue where the Canon wouldn't animate correctly.
- Fixed a pretty random crash caused by players jumping on Righteous Stand.
- Fixed crash when joining an instance of The Enchanter's Lair after previously having completed the gargoyle puzzle in a previous run of the map during the same game session.
- Patch 4.9.0 included some changes to the internal Lua garbage collection systems that reduced the time spent in the collector significantly, netting an overall FPS increase. While for most players this has been beneficial, we have received reports of players experiencing frequent freezes due to the collector not being able to keep up. An initial investigation determined the freezes are more likely to occur when running mods and on specific hardware combinations. We're reverting the changes for now while we investigate further.
- Added extra logging to help diagnose Lua deadlock crashes.
We just pushed another hotfix live for the Tower of Treachery update.
- Fixed a frame perfect crash that could occur when interacting with a door.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scrolling with the mouse level filter in the lobby browser.
- Added more fixes to fall damage to avoid player death when entering the Skittergate.
We just pushed a hotfix live for the Tower of Treachery update.
- Fixed a door that had no collision in Tower of Treachery.
- Additional fixes to the Waystalker activated ability to furthrer limit it being affected by Bloodshot.
- Fixed bug where Handmaiden passive 'Ariel's Benison' didn't grant the revival healing bonus.
- Fixed some cases where Olesya's intro VO was not working sometimes.
- Fixed a crash when hotjoining after players progress past the end area.
- Fixed a crash when hotjoining after players pulled the secret lever in the dining room.
- Fixed a crash when hovering 'return to keep' button on score screen, using gamepad, while accepting an invite request.
- Fixed frame perfect crash while end event skulls target exploding barrels.
- Fixed various additional localisation issues.
We just pushed a hotfix live for the Tower of Treachery update that went live yesterday.
- Fixed Huntsman activated ability sound playing twice when exiting stealth on receiving a ranged hit.
- Fixed an issue where Olesya was still standing around for clients when hotjoining after cutscene has played for Host.
- Fixed an issue where Sofia was sitting throughout her introduction cutscene and after it has ended for clients.
- Fixed a crash caused by proccing Sister of the Thorn's 'Atharti's Delight' talent as client.
- Fixed a crash that would happen should players enter the correct input to unlock the stash rooms in the end event.
- Fixed a crash that would happen when picking up the 10th skull in Tower of Treachery.
- Fixed some spots in the Tower of Treachery where players could get stuck.
- Fixed Ranger Veteran being permanently invisible when using the 'Surprise Guest' talent.
- Fixed other harder to specify crashes.
- Fixed various localisation issues.
Heroes! The second part of A Treacherous Adventure - Tower of Treachery - is out now, and FREE for all owners of Vermintide 2!
This FREE update sees the Ubersreik Five re-tread familiar ground with reignited purpose. Sofia Fuegonasus has taken over Olesya's old hideout, and is attempting to spread her corruption throughout the Grey Mountains, Bretonnia and the Reikland. It's up to you to put a stop to her deathly plans...
Navigate both Olesya's and Sofia's traps and illusions and take on the toughest foe you’ve encountered in Vermintide… so far. Will you make it to the top of the tower?
Heroic Masquerade Collection
Five consummate conjurations of the costumer's art designed to transform battle-weary warriors into the greatest heroes this world - or any other - has seen.
Together with Tower of Treachery we will be adding the new premium cosmetics Heroic Masquerade Collection to the in-game store, based on some of the more iconic names in Warhammer Fantasy! In total, there’ll be 10 new cosmetics, one hat and one skin for each hero. The cosmetics will be available in bundles and as separate items.
- The Belegar Ironhammer collection contains two premium cosmetics for Bardin Goreksson: the Angrund Helm and Angrundklad skin. The cosmetics can be used on Bardin Goreksson’s Outcast Engineer career.
- The Alarielle the Radiant collection contains two premium cosmetics for Kerillian: The Crown of Avelorn and the High Robes of Isha skin. The cosmetics can be used on Kerillian’s Handmaiden career.
- The Louen Leoncouer collection contains two premium cosmetics for Markus Kruber: Crown of the True King and the Raiment of the True King skin. The cosmetics can be used on Markus Kruber’s Grail Knight career.
- The Thyrus Gormann collection contains two premium cosmetics for Sienna Fuegonasus: Gormann's Cindercage and the Patriarch's Finery skin. The cosmetics can be used on Sienna Fuegonasus’ Battle Wizard career.
- The Luthor Huss collection contains two premium cosmetics for Victor Saltzpyre: Headband of Huss and the Prophet's Armour skin. The cosmetics can be used on Victor Saltzpyre’s Warrior Priest career.
Patch Notes – 4.9
- Added Tower of Treachery to the adventure map pool.
- Added a menu where players can access our old cinematics. This is found in the main menu.
- QoL for the crafting menu, players can now sort (based on rarity or power), filter on rarities, and search for keywords.
- Fixed the start banter VO on Righteous Stand and Athel Yenlui not playing all the lines.
- Halescourge - Fixed various spots where bots could get stuck.
- Convocation of Decay - The end event logic has been reworked to stop the event getting stuck. You shouldn't notice a difference here.
- Convocation of Decay - The damaging area of the pool in the end event should now exactly match the visuals.
- Righteous Stand - Fixed an issue where bots regularly got stuck on the ladder leading to the second Grimoire.
- Taal's Horn Keep - One of the customisable painting frames was missing a light source, rendering the selected artwork difficult to see.
- Garden of Morr - Fixed a potion that could spawn partially in the ground.
- Against the Grain - Fixed a location where captured players could spawn beyond a boss-wall.
- Enchanter's Lair - Fixed some occlusion culling observed at a particular location during the 'Reach The Throne Room' objective.
- Skittergate - Added even MOAR failsafes to try and protect players from being one-shot when traversing the Skittergate.
- Fixed an issue where the sound effects from Waywatcher Kerillian's ult could rarely get stuck in an infinite loop.
- Fixed an issue where using Blunderbuss in Huntsman's activated ability would play multiple sounds.
- Fixed a bug where two of the same enemy VO callouts could happen at the same time.
- Added an icon for "Temple of Shadows" in the Chaos Wastes Twitch Mode voting interface on the map screen.
- UI: Removed Remote Control Server Menu from the game (was on F2 keybind).
- UI: Multibind: Fixed a case in which unbinding the first key would instead unbind the second.
- UI: Multibind: Fixed resetting all binds not working for keys with are by default unassigned.
- Fixed a UI crash when an invalid difficulty is selected (eg: players switching from the modded realm to the official realm).
- Fixed double-negative appearing in the "Disable Weekly Events" Twitch setting.
- Changed the "Inventory full" warning to also show when opening multiple chests is not possible. Added a background to improve legibility.
- Adjusted the character info in the bottom-right of the inventory UIs to prevent text overlapping with the input legend when the game is in Italian or German.
- Various localisation fixes and tweaks.
FIXES AND TWEAKS
- Fixed Kerillian Shade's 'Cloak of Pain' re-stealth sometimes being instantly consumed when hitting enemies with dual weapons.
- Fixed a bug where Bardin Ranger could become invisible indefinitely.
- Fixed bug where enemies would keep chasing and attempting to attack invisible players.
- Fixed a bug where Bardin Engineer bots could behave in a nutty manner when switching between his career skill gun and regular ranged weapon.
- Fixed various unspecifiable crashes and networking issues.
- Fixed an issue where Saltzpyre Zealot's face morphed into a nightmare scene when equipping the Holy Great Hammer.
- Equipped torches now light up the environment properly when inspecting your character in third person.
- Fixed "Masterwork Pistols" (Brace of Pistols illusion) using the same model and icon as "One Eye's Revenge".
- Fixed an issue where Bardin and Victors faces were not animating.