A lil somethin somethin: You can find the details for this event on the announcement page [url=https://steamcommunity.com/ogg/236390/announcements/detail/2961665648452966237]here[/url].
In this digest we would like to tell you about our continuing work on improvements and fixes in the game. You can find information about all updates that have been released in War Thunder on the website special section.
Improving weapon control logic
There is a possibility in the game to switch to a specific armament in your vehicle that allows you to control only it - regardless of other cannons and suspended weaponry. However previously, in the case of aircraft, after such a switch the hotkeys continued to work. These hotkeys might already be assigned to specific actions for other weapons (typical example - the assignment of firing on aircraft machine guns to one key and cannons to another) which created a problem.
Now, switching to control specific weapons on the aircraft will block the hotkeys responsible for actions with other weapons. It has become more convenient.
Fixing the miraculous commander’s camera
The new functionality of the commander sights is very useful in many situations but what they didn’t know was how to make your own vehicle invisible. Because of the bug the hull of your ground vehicle and its cannon disappeared in the sight.
This mystical problem has been fixed.
Adding control for weaponry from commander position
We continue to expand the range of vehicles that have access to more useful functionality for controlling weapons from the commander's sights. If you have forgotten about it, we explained its functionality here.
Vehicles that have received this additional feature: ZTZ96, M41 SDF, leKPz M41, VEAK 40.
Correcting the rangefinder values in smoke
In the last “It’s fixed!”, we made an important fix to the game mechanics in aiming that began to ignore smoke screens when aiming at a target. But the vehicle’s fire control system with automatic range input introduced the maximum range into the sight and knocked out the player’s aiming in such situations.
Fixed! Now rangefinder values will be displayed as before, but this value will not be automatically entered into the sight.
Untied the electro-hydraulic suspension from the engine
We continue to work on vehicles with the hull aiming mechanics. This time we are fixing the cases of elevation angle failure when the vehicle’s engine is damaged or disabled.
In reality the electro-hydraulic suspension is capable of raising and lowering the hull without the help of the engine. Now it can be done in War Thunder.
Clarified hull aiming mechanics
Now, for the vehicles with hull aiming, the horizon control will no longer work with a damaged engine, tracks or transmission. The change will not affect VT1-2 which, with an operable running gear due to auxiliary electric engines, is able to turn even if the engine is inoperable until the batteries are depleted.
Aiming during crew replenishment or when assisting in repairs and firefighting will remain so that vehicles with hull aiming will not receive an additional penalty compared to conventional tanks that can aim and fire in such situations.
For this digest we have prepared a large set of useful fixes and game improvements. Be sure to read the full list which we have prepared in the separate changelog - there are many interesting things.
Once again, many thanks for all your bug reports that you submitted in our bug report section on the War Thunder forums.
Improvements and fixes
- BMP-3, U-SH 405 — Markers for additional guns are now displayed correctly and take into account terrain/landscape if missiles have been loaded.
- BM-13N — The inscription about the impossibility of movement with changed ground clearance now appears only at the start of the movement and will not interfere with the view.
- Helicopter sight stabilization marks will no longer be displayed in the ground vehicle sight after the air event in ground AB is completed.
- A bug when playing server replays which caused incorrect displaying of the camera direction indicator of the ATGM gunner on helicopters has been fixed.
- The rangefinder will not be set to a value of “>9999” when pointing the gun sight at the smoke screen.
- A bug with an inability to switch view from commander’s camera to binoculars if camera cycle mechanics and night vision mode coincided has been fixed.
- Now the weapons selection function for aircraft will not lock hotkeys assigned to individual weapons.
- A bug leading to a lack of display of your ground vehicle in the commander’s sight has been fixed.
- An inability to select premium vehicles located at the back of the hangar when controlling from a gamepad has been fixed.
- A bug that caused the inability to vertically aim on tanks with hull aiming when the engine or tracks have been damaged has been fixed.
- ZTZ96, M41 SDF, leKPz M41, VEAK 40 — The function of duplicated fire control for commanders has been added.
- Conqueror — A bug with lack of the commander's fire control has been fixed.
- Mirage IIIC — A bug where wing fragments in some cases remained in the air when a wing was detached has been fixed.
- Ar 234 B-2, Ar 234 C-3 — Separate bomb drop for suspended armament setups has been added.
- Sea Vixen F.A.W Mk.2 — Separate bomb drop for 1000 pound G.P Mk.I bombs has been added..
- F6F (all modifications) — Bomb dropping for the 1000 pound AN-M65A1 bombs has been corrected. Now bombs will be dropped first from the right pylon and then from the left pylon. Source: Pilot's handbook of flight operating instructions for navy models F6F-3, F6F-3N, F6F-5, F6F-5N airplanes.