In this digest we would like to tell you about our continuing work on improvements and fixes in the game. You can find information about all updates that have been released in War Thunder on the website special section.
Updated respawn point marker
This improvement is based on a wish you left under one of previous digests. Even something as small as choosing a respawn point can be made better. So we have done it.
Aircraft, ground and naval point markers are now much more distinct against any background and the point selected from those available is clearly distinguishable from neighbouring points. It just got so much better.
Continuing to add to weaponry cards
Know everything about your weaponry! We have already expanded the set of available data in the ammunition and missile cards several times. Now you even have a visual animation of how different ammo works, but it can be even better!
This time we have added such characteristics as time of guided flight interference immunity in the optical channel of ATGM and guaranteed launch range of an ATGM ((the range achievable by an ATGM under any acceptable atmospheric conditions) to the rocket's card. Also for the ATGMs mounted to ground vehicles we have added the display of information on the presence of a laser-beam control channel. Not unnecessary data for your battle effectiveness.
Fixing the sight in duplicate mode
If you have high rank ground vehicles, you are definitely familiar with the capabilities of the commander sights and the benefits their fire control system provides. Amongst them is the duplicate control mode that allows you to fire using commander’s sight.
Unfortunately due to a mistake when switching to the commander's sight and activating the dual control, the sight crosshair may have shifted to the right in some cases. We have fixed this bug as quickly as possible and now everything works like clockwork. Enjoy the bonuses on modern vehicles.
Vehicle service: Stage 2
We continue to work on the maintenance of the many different vehicles in the game. This time we returned the missing pressure damage for TAM 2IP, clarified the description of the combined armour on the T-64B and all modifications of the T-72 and also fixed many visual bugs and errors in the installation of the modifications of aircraft and ground vehicles. We will not list them all but just invite you to visit the full list of changes - you should look there at all times.
For this digest we have prepared a large set of useful fixes and game improvements. Be sure to read the full list which we have prepared in the separate changelog - there are many interesting things.
Once again, many thanks for all your bug reports that you submitted in our bug report section on the War Thunder forums.
- The crosshair shift when switching to the commander’s camera has been fixed.
- Incorrect display of smoke and fire on specific graphic presets has been fixed.
- The playback of the video in the tutorial mission will no longer cause an FPS drop.
- A bug has been fixed where an enabled Japanese Microsoft IME keyboard would cause a switch to hiragana instead of Latin by default.
- BV 138 C-1 — a bug with the display of the water surface in the bomb sight has been fixed.
- New icons for the respawn points have been added.
- Camo preview has been added to the “Skins” tab of the user profile card.
- The missile info card now has data on the time of controlled flight, jamming resistance of the ATGM guiding optical channel, as well as guaranteed launch distance of the ATGM ( an attainable distance under any atmospheric conditions affordable). Availability of the laser-beam control channel now indicated for ATGMs based on ground vehicles.
- Challenger 2 (2F) — durability of combined armour has been specified.
- Challenger 2, Challenger 2 (2F) — aiming angles of the AA machine gun have been specified to avoid firing through the commander’s sight.
- Type 16 — camera position has been corrected. A bug has been fixed where the vehicle might disappear at certain angles of the camera view.
- Type 16, Dardo, Centauro I 105, Centauro I 105R, Centauro I 120 — a bug has been fixed with the display of bulkheads in xray mode with the armour view disabled (report).
- ZBD86 — a bug has been fixed with the simultaneous view of different types of ATGMs in xray mode.
- T-64B, T-72A, T-72AV (TURMS-T), T-72B, T-72B (1989), T-72B3 — description of the turret armour has been corrected in xray mode. The values order has been changed to “from the lowest to the highest”. A bug with missing cast armour in the armour description has been fixed .
- TAM 2IP — a bug with missing overpressure damage to the crew has been fixed.
- Ju 87 G-1, Ju 87 G-2 — a bug has been fixed where parts of the cannons remain in the air when the wings have detached.
- MiG-21MF — a bug has been fixed where parts of the wings remain in the air after the wings have detached.
- MiG-21MF, MiG-21SMT — a bug has been fixed where the airbrake might pass through a suspended flare container.
- Attacker FB.1, Attacker FB.2 — the flap limitation has been added when using suspended armament.
- Saab A32A — a bug has been fixed where chaff was added to the 12xM/49 rockets preset.
- IL-2 (all series) — a separate launching of the 82mm and 32mm rockets has been added.
- Saab A21A-3 — a separate bomb drop has been added for the 50kg bombs.
- Pr.1204 — damage to the turrets with the vessel heaving has been fixed.
- IJN Mutsuki, 120 mm/45 3rd Year Type — armour piercing and ballistics of shells Type 1 and Type 0 has been corrected.
- Characteristics of the Italian W.200/450X5,75 torpedo have been corrected: max distance has been increased to 8 km.
- Maxim Gorkiy - the parameters of explosions in the ammo stowages have been corrected. Explosion and fire in the auxiliary calibre ammo stowage does not lead to a guarantee of vessel destruction.