16 days ago - Bornakk - Direct link
The ability to invite opposing faction players to a guild is available for testing on the Embers of Nelthation (10.1) PTR.
Here are a few things we’d like to bring attention to for this test:
- We hope to bring this feature to the game in the Embers of Neltharion update but depending on the extent of issues uncovered during public testing, we may need to delay it in order to provide the best possible experience. We’re enabling a “work in progress” version of the functionality at the outset of this PTR to give us the most possible time to identify and address issues.
- This is a focused implementation, aimed at allowing players who have been enjoying Cross-Faction Instances the ability to join the same guild as their opposite-faction friends and benefit from conveniences like shared chat and guild repairs.
- Guilds are still affiliated with either the Horde or the Alliance, depending on the faction of the guild leader. Guild achievements and guild vendors, for example, will still reflect the guild’s primary faction. Opposite faction members may benefit from unlocked shared perks but may be unable to contribute to certain achievements (e.g. we would not expect Alliance members of a Horde guild to be able to contribute progress towards the “Alliance Slayer” guild achievement).
- There is a current known bug where you are unable to send mail to opposing faction guildmates. This will be fixed in a future update.
- Please use this forum thread to share your feedback/issues experienced on joining opposite-faction guilds, chat, etc.
This is our first step of potentially several in publicly testing this long-awaited feature, so keep an eye out for updates and we look forward to reading your experiences in this thread throughout the PTR cycle.