Veilbreaker: Hotfix #3
This Hotfix brings the weekly gameplay addition to Kahl’s Garrison we detailed in Update 32. Get to breaking Veils with the new Kahl ‘Break Narmer’ missions, which will unlock access to Chipper’s shop for the new Archon Mods, Styanax Blueprints, Weapon Blueprints from Update 32, and more! Prime Resurgence has also permanently returned to Warframe - gain access to Prime Warframes, Weapons, Accessories, and more.
We are also continuing to read and evaluate your feedback on Archon Hunts. Please continue to share your feedback on that and more in our dedicated Veilbreaker: Update 32 subforum.
PRIME RESURGENCE HAS RETURNED!
Prime Resurgence returns once again, this time to stay! Reinforce your Arsenal with the greatest creations of the Orokin Empire with the help of Varzia Dax.
The Prime Vault has closed for good. In its place comes the new and improved Prime Resurgence. After listening to your feedback, we saw a clear opportunity to improve both Prime Vault and Prime Resurgence, bringing more value to the program for the Warframe community and ultimately, more Primes into your Arsenal. With our new program, you can expect to see new monthly rotations filled with Prime Warframes, Weapons, Accessories and more.
The first debut rotation welcomes Wukong and Equinox Prime! Visit Varzia Dax in Maroo’s Bazaar to gain access to her Prime items:
- Wukong Prime
- Equinox Prime
- Zhuge Prime
- Ninkondi Prime
- Stradavar Prime
- Tipedo Prime
Sanzang Prime Kubrow Bundle - Includes:
- Nai-Zhen Kubrow Collar
- Sanzang Prime Kubrow Armor
- Derelict White
- Tidal Blue
- Corrupted Gold
- Tang Prime Kubrow Fur Pattern
- Incubator Segment
- Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment
- Kubrow Egg
- Incubator Power Core
- Genetic Code Template
- Jindou Prime Syandana
- Corposant Prime Ephemera
- Isabeau Prime Syandana
- Narvarr Prime Armor Set
- Wukong Prime Noggle
- Equinox Prime Combined-Form Noggle
- Equinox Prime Night-Form Noggle
- Equinox Prime Day-Form Noggle
- And Wukong and Equinox Prime Relics!
The following evergreen items are also available at Varzia:
- Apis Syandana
- Filigree Prime Decorations
Necraloid Bundle - Includes:
- Necraloid Glyph
- Necraloid Sigil
- Spektaka Liset Skin
- 5x Orokin Ducats
- (NEW) 5x Void Trace Pack
- Burston Prime
- Braton Prime
- Fang Prime
- Lex Prime
(NEW) Former Twitch Prime items:
If you missed these during their run as Twitch Prime items, now's your chance!
- Avia Prime Armor Set
- Avia Prime Syandana
- Operator Vayas Prime Accessories
- Spektaka Prime Sugatra
- Spektaka Prime Syandana
- Vistapa Prime Syandana
- Static Reactor Prime Sigil
How it Works:
Earn Primes with Aya
With Prime Resurgence, you’ll have a more direct path to earning Prime Warframes and Weapons through gameplay. Earn Aya in Missions to purchase Void Relics containing the specific Prime components you want from Varzia.
Earn Primes with Instant Access
For each new rotation, you will be able to access all the available Prime Items instantly with Regal Aya. The price of Regal Aya has not increased since last year’s Prime Resurgence event and Platinum is still included with each purchase.
With Regal Aya, you have more agency in choosing the specific Prime Item you want to purchase with Regal Aya, including individual Prime Accessories. However, you can still purchase bundles for Regal Aya as well.
The History of Prime Resurgence and What’s Changed Since:
On November 16th, 2021, we launched a time-limited scheduled event in Maroo’s Bazaar on all Platforms: Prime Resurgence. In the goal of addressing the major pain points with our Prime Vault program, we put Prime Resurgence to the test as an alternative. After several weeks of rotating through Primed goods, we concluded the event in successful fashion.
The months that followed consisted of a review of its performance based on player feedback and interaction with the program. We determined that with its success, it met the criteria to permanently replace the Prime Vault program for good!
Before we get into what's changed, we want to reiterate that the return of Prime Resurgence maintains the two options to gaining access to Prime goods:
- Instant access through purchasing (Regal Aya)
- Free path access through gameplay (Aya and Relics)
Thanks to your feedback during the event last year, we have been able to make some great quality of life changes as you see listed below:
Increased rotation length between Prime sets.
- During the event in 2021, the rotations were a week long. Players agreed that this was too short a window to earn the Aya and Relics they need from that rotation. So we have increased the rotation length to roughly a month each (specific dates will be made available for each rotation when we near the next).
Added the ability to trade 1x Aya for 5x Void Traces.
- Similar to the 5x Ducats available at Varzia, you can now use your Aya to purchase 5x Void Traces.
Added a ‘Visit Varzia’ fast travel option to the Relic Segment UI - selecting this option will prompt a confirmation window before taking you to Varzia in Maroo’s Bazaar.
Added a ‘Prime Resurgence’ tab in the in-game Market where Aya and Regal Aya purchases can be made instead of traveling to Maroo’s Bazaar.
Aya drop Changes:
Added Aya in Zariman Bounties.
- After Prime Resurgence concluded, Zariman Bounties were introduced that included some Vaulted Relic drops. We have updated the drop tables to swap the Vaulted Relic drops with Aya in Zariman Bounties!
- Rebalanced Aya drop chance in Stage 2 & Final Stage in Level 25-30 Cambion Drift Bounties.
- Added Aya in Zariman Bounties.
- An inbox message will now be sent upon installing the Relic Segment in your Orbiter explaining Prime Resurgence and Varzia!
Prime Resurgence FAQ:
What is Aya and Regal Aya?
These are the currencies that are used to purchase items from Varzia!
Aya is an earned currency that is your free path to gaining Prime items through the in-game Relic system. It is a resource that is exchanged for Void Relics and other non-premium items available in Varzia’s wares. Aya is found in Void missions and Bounties and has a chance of appearing in Relic Packs available for purchase in the in-game Market for Platinum or Syndicate Offerings for Standing.
Aya has replaced Vaulted Relics in the Void and Bounties Drop Tables. In other words, where there was once a Vaulted Relic, there will now be 1 Aya instead. And that Aya can be traded in at Varzia to purchase Relics of your choosing during Prime Resurgence.
The public Drop Tables have been updated to include Aya drop locations, so that you have all the information needed to plan your Aya acquisition.
What requires Aya vs. Regal Aya to purchase? And why?
All of Varzia’s wares maintain their previous acquisition methods. If something was purchase-only via Prime Vault, it will appear in her shop as such (Prime Accessories for example) and will require Regal Aya to purchase. While others that have been previously released through a free-path method, will maintain that as well using free-path Aya.
Regal Aya is a premium currency (similar to Platinum, but not tradeable) that gives you instant access to Prime Warframes, Weapons, Accessories, and Bundles available in Varzia’s wares. It can be purchased in the Market or online storefronts.
Can you buy multiple Regal Aya packs?
Yes, like Platinum Packs, you can buy multiple Regal Aya packs! As a currency, you can acquire and hold it in whatever amounts you need for your desired items.
Do the Prime Warframes and Weapons come with Inventory Slots, Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors?
Yes! If you purchase a Prime Warframe or Weapon with Regal Aya, it will come with an Inventory slot and either an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst already installed.
Do the Regal Aya bundles come with Platinum?
Yes! Regal Aya Bundles come with bonus Platinum.
- 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum bonus
- 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum bonus
15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum bonus
NEW SYNDICATE: KAHL’S GARRISON
Upon completion of the Veilbreaker Quest, Tenno gain access to Kahl’s Garrison, a new Syndicate located in the Drifter’s Camp on Earth. If you have already completed the Veilbreaker Quest, congrats! You can now Rank up the Garrison by completing weekly Break Narmer Missions to build up the camp with new faces.
There are 5 Ranks to unlock:
Break Narmer Missions
Break Narmer missions are weekly solo missions available with Kahl in the Drifter’s Camp. Play as Kahl to continue his heroic task of freeing more victims from the Veil and taking Narmer down from the inside!
You can share your feedback on the Break Narmer missions in our dedicated subforum: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1795-break-narmer-mission-feedback/
There are three mission types assigned by Daughter that will rotate:
“Sabotage time, Kahl. I’ve located a Veil Factory on the Orb Vallis. It’s crawling with Deacons, so you’ll need to be sneaky. NO GUNS.”
“Chipper needs more Thumper parts, and you need to keep Chipper happy. I’ve found an old Grineer base on Earth. Should have plenty.”
“Kahl, you know how you asked me to let you know when that prison Murex came back? Well, it's back. If you really want to do this, call me.”
Important note on Break Narmer Mission Rotation:
The order of missions is fixed to your progress week to week and resets on a weekly timer. Meaning that regardless of what week it is (and what number of timer resets have hit), you will always be playing in the fixed order based on your mission history. You must complete mission 1 in order to gain access to mission 2, to gain access to mission 3, and so on when the order circles back to mission 1. In other words, the mission reset will always occur at the same time each week, and not when you complete mission 1, 2, or 3.
To echo what we stated in the launch of Update 32: With Veilbreaker comes a weekly approach to the systems introduced in this update. We want a variety of options for players to plan Daily, Weekly, and Evergreen goals.
Note on accessibility option for Veilbreaking:
In order to remove Veils from Narmer victims, you are required to Tap the dedicated button to fill the gauge and release them. As a friendly reminder, there is a ‘Repeated Button Presses’ option in the Accessibility settings that can swap the Tap to Hold if that is preferred!
Break Narmer Missions Known Issue:
There is an issue with being unable to move up with Kahl’s Hellion Jetpack if the jump button has been rebound.
- Current workaround: Reset your binding or make sure your ‘Move Up’ and ‘Jump’ button are set to the same binding in the ‘General Controls’ settings.
Break Narmer Challenges
Additional challenges are also available to complete throughout the week. Completing these challenges rewards a new currency called Stock (more on this below) that can be spent at Chipper’s store.
Each week's Break Narmer mission can be replayed throughout that week for more chances to complete the optional challenges for Stock. Challenges are synced for all players!
New Somachord Songs!
Four new Somarchord Songs are available to unlock by finding Somachord Fragments located throughout the ‘Break Narmer’ missions.
- FINAL STAND
- HOLD THE LINE
- STEEL HORIZON
Since Kahl is not equipped with a scanner of his own, these Fragments can be collected by interacting with them to pick up.
Rank up Kahl’s Garrison
This Syndicate auto-ranks with weekly gameplay progress rather than needing Standing! Unlocking ranks means building up the Garrison with new faces and opportunities.
Stock is the currency used to purchase items in Kahl’s Garrison. Collect them via Break Narmer missions and challenges to spend on the following offerings:
Rank 1: Shelter
Complete the first mission in Kahl’s Garrison to unlock Chipper’s shop.
Unlocked at Rank 2: Encampment
- Access to Chipper in Kahl’s Garrison!
- Styanax Systems Blueprint
- Slaytra Blueprint
Unlocked at Rank 3: Fort
- New Archon Warframe Mods
- Styanax Neuroptics Blueprint
Unlocked at Rank 4: Settlement
- Aegrit Blueprint
- Styanax Chassis Blueprint
Unlocked at Rank 5: Home
1x Archon Shard per Week
- While this is locked behind the highest Rank, we wanted to make sure it was visible as a reward to strive for and plan your Stock spending choices. We want you to be able to stock up your Stock in preparation for when you unlock it if that’s your goal!
- Fog of War Ephemera
- Afentis Blueprint
- Styanax Blueprint
New Archon Warframe Mods
A new collection of Warframe Mods has landed in Chipper’s Offerings in Kahl’s Garrison! They offer an increase of core stats with added effects for elemental damage dealing abilities.
*Stats shown below are all at max rank. These Mods are tradeable!
+55% Ability Duration. Abilities that inflict a Toxin Status Effect will also apply a Corrosive Status Effect.
+45% Ability Range. Abilities that deal Electricity Damage restore +2 Energy/s over 5s.
+440% Health. Status Effects from Abilities that deal Heat Damage will be applied twice.
Please note that we are aware of this not working with some fire abilities e.g. Ember’s Fire Blast, this will be corrected in a future Hotfix/Update.
+275% Energy Max. Enemies killed by Cold Damage have a 10% chance to drop an Energy Orb. Cooldown: 10s.
+30% Ability Strength. Restoring Health with abilities grants +30% Ability Strength for 10s.
- This currently has issues with some abilities that “heal over time” or trigger a heal after the ability is already running, we’ll be fixing the outliers overtime.
Kahl’s Garrison will be present in your Drifter Camp following the completion of the Veilbreaker Quest. Visit Kahl-175 there and refresh his uniform with a variety of customization options. Equipped with Voidshell technology and a variety of Helmet and Attachment options, players can kit him with a unique look that would make his Brothers proud.
Earn more Kahl customizations including Helmets, Eyeguards, Back Armor, Shoulder Plates, and Leg Guards just by ranking up Kahl’s Garrison!
Leg, shoulder, and chest Armor you own can also be equipped on Kahl.
Archon Hunt Changes & Fixes:
As of this Hotfix, the 2nd Archon Hunt is now live for players to attempt! We’re continuing to watch and review feedback around these missions, and are committed to make necessary iterations over the coming weeks.
- Archons now prioritize players instead of summons (eg: Octavia's roller, Titania's Razorflies, Atlas Rumblers, etc) to prevent too egregious aggro CC.
- Archon Boreal will no longer target you when Void Sling or go into Void mode as Operator.
Removed Aerolyst ragdoll animations.
- Continuation of our changes to improve targeting of their canisters.
- Adjusted the positions of the Pazuul drones to stop them from clipping through geometry in some tiles.
- Fixed Archon Hunt progress getting reset after running Sorties in succession.
- Fixed script error in the final Archon Assasination mission.
Veilbreaker Quest Changes & Fixes:
- Updated the music mix during the quest!
- Fixed being unable to command brothers while using a controller if the ‘Place Marker’ action is not bound.
- Fixed de-veiled enemies not getting the memo to attack their Sentient ex-friends.
- Fixed the dissipation fields to free brothers sometimes overlapping, making it confusing to tell where you need to command allies to stand.
- Fixed Kahl’s Grakata appearing entirely orange in the end of mission screen.
- Fixed various non-Sentient resource deposits appearing on the Murex during the Veilbreaker Quest.
- Fixed slight grammar issues with the opening dialogue of the Veilbreaker Quest. An exclamation mark was missing a space between it and an “I”.
Added display at Syndicate Segment in Orbiter to indicate your Active Pledge, Extra Standing Possible, and the reset timer.
- Changed the pouch attachment offset/rotation on the Aegrit to match other throwing weapons pouches.
- Adjusted position of the Invigoration icon in the Arsenal to better align with the Mastered and Archon Shard icons.
- Updated the Overguard depletion sound FX on Eximus units.
The Helminth Archon Shard Segment Blueprint is no longer sellable.
- To prevent accidentally selling it before you get to crafting it!
- Updated Riven Sliver icon to be more clear and noticeable.
- Made systemic micro-optimizations to game code.
- Fixed a progression stopper in The New War Quest where the 3rd Archon fight teleports players far into space making it impossible to progress.
Fixed being able to Subsume a Warframe with Archon Shards, ultimately resulting in losing the Shards.
- There is now a confirmation screen that pops up upon Subsuming a Warframe that has Archon Shards equipped. If you have lost Archon Shards in the process of Subsuming, please contact support.warframe.com.
Fixed being able to cast Styanax’s other abilities while in Final Stand.
- Similar to Wisp’s Sol Gate, Final Stand is a full-body animation that restricts the casting of other abilities.
- Fixed Clients losing their HUD after removing an Archon Shard off a Warframe.
- Fixed the Laetum and Felarx gaining charges in their Incarnon form from headshots while Xata’s Whisper is active.
- Fixed being unable to Subsume a Warframe while using a controller.
- Fixed loss of function after using Transference in the Dormizone during the Angels of the Zariman Quest.
- Fixed casting an ability via the Railjack Tactical menu at no cost back to back if you have Zenurik’s Inner Might active.
Fixed the following Warframe ability descriptions extending beyond the screen and clipping:
- Fixed matchmaking sessions getting locked indefinitely and not being included in the public matchmaking if too many people joined/left the session.
- Fixed submitted Clan Emblems replacing existing ones in game not appearing.
- Fixed clipping issues with chest armor when equipped on Wukong’s Voidshell Skin.
- Fixed the Vengeful Ephemeras not appearing when you load into a mission.
- Fixed an issue with the Twin Grakatas reload animation.
- Fixed clipping issues with the Voidshell Excalibur skin’s armor.
- Fixed custom Operator energy colors not applying to abilities or the equipped Ephemera.
- Fixed crash related to Necramech.
- Fixed indistinct Rivens only being able to be equipped on Secondary and not Primary Kitguns.
- Fixed Tranq Gun randomly running out of ammo and force swapping to your Secondary weapon.
- Fixed Platinum prices being obfuscated by a gray box in open landscape Vendor’s Offerings.
- Fixed being unable to catch fish in the Cambion Drift when they submerge under the Exocrine.
- Fixed being unable to complete the Pavlov Spy mission on Lua due to the floor panels not activating when stepping on them.
- Fixed the holstered version of the Monitivus Thrown Weapon Skin not applying chosen custom colors.
- Fixed menu UI overlapping with exit Survey UI when attempting to leave the game while in Navigation.
- Fixed mod config chat links appearing incorrectly in the condensed link window while using controller.
- Fixed Clan Emblem Status on the website always saying approved emblems will be "in-game when the next major update is released" after they had been deployed.
- Fixed a script error that could occur with the Smeeta Kavat’s Mischief after traversing a Sanctuary Onslaught portal.
- Fixed Skittergirl being able to ghost her way through areas in the Zariman that are not designated for Skittergirl.
- Fixed a script error that could occur when logging out with Soma Prime equipped.
- Excalibur Umbra is unable to pick up his own ammo while using bows. We are actively looking for a solution, in the meantime, you can use Transference to refresh his ammo reserves.