In this digest we would like to tell you about our continuing work on improvements and fixes in the game. You can find information about all updates that have been released in War Thunder on the website special section.
Setting up radio fuzes for shells
The radio fuze, just in case you forgot, can detonate a missile or shell without having to hit the target directly. The detonator selects when to detonate based on radio reflection from the target.
In the current War Thunder mechanics, ground and naval shells with a radio fuze identified the distance to a target from the centre of its model which worked well but wasn’t an accurate reproduction of the real life mechanics.
Now the calculation of distance to target will be based on the exact contour of the collision model (the model on which the damage will be calculated) which replicates the visual model of vehicles quite accurately and allows the realistic operation to be reproduced in this interesting mechanic for ground vehicles and naval shells.
To match the new inputs, the standard detonation distance of some shells has been adjusted. In practice the detonation will be about your usual distance or a little bit closer but noticeably fairer and more accurate.
- 40 mm kulsgr m/90 (15 m → 4 m);
- 40 mm slsgr m/484 (15 m → 4 m);
- 40 mm M822 (15 m → 4 m);
- 57 mm DKY-1 (15 m → 6 m);
- 57 mm HE-VT (15 m → 6 m);
- 76 mm MOM-HE (15 m → 8 m).
We have gathered a lot of useful statistics about bucket and dozer blades usage to make the first balance changes.
Now, equipment for entrenchment takes 3 seconds instead of 5 to get to a working position. The height of the soil removed in one single pass has been changed from 20 to 25 cm. Reverse speed has also increased with the blade lowered from 7 to 12 km/h.
Correcting Italian and Japanese machine gun belts
This very large-scale fix affects many fighters and bombers in the Italian and Japanese research trees and returns the HE effect to the belts of the Italian 12.7 mm Breda-SAFAT and Japanese 13.2 mm Type 3 machine guns.
Previously, due to an issue with the HE belt of these machine guns acting as simple solid belts, not exploding on impact. The problem has been fixed - check it out!
Continuing work on hull guidance
Vehicles with firmly mounted cannons on the hull are nice for you and us as well, but there is still a lot needed to improve on it.
This time we have worked on the commander camera that might jerk in rare cases when the hull guidance mechanics were engaged. A small but nice improvement for the Strv 103A and Strv 103С.
“Come back soon!”
The 2nd and following respawns in RB and SB after death will no longer require you to wait 15 seconds! Return to a battle after 5 seconds and quickly pay tribute to all of them.
By the way - this change is also relevant for tournament battles - as asked for.
For this digest we have prepared a large set of useful fixes and game improvements. Be sure to read the full list which we have prepared in the separate changelog - there are many interesting things.
Once again, many thanks for all your bug reports that you submitted in our bug report section on the War Thunder forums.
- Strv 103A, Strv 103С — a bug has been fixed with incorrect display for the commander’s camera while hull aiming.
- Self-entrenching equipment parameters have been changed. Activation of a dozer blade now takes 3 seconds instead of 5; max reverse speed (within vehicle limits) with an activated blade has been increased from 7 to 12 km/h; the thickness of a soil layer cut on each pass has been increased from 20 to 25 cm.
- 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT, 13.2mm Type 3 machine guns — a bug has been fixed with missing explosives in the HE rounds. 0.8g of PETEN explosives has been added (report)
- 20mm MG 151 cannon - explosive type of the HE-I round has been changed to HA 41 (report)
- AGM-114B, AGM-114K, PARS 3 LR missiles - “Launch distance” and “Guaranteed launch distance” parameters have been added to the info card.
- 1,600 lbs AP AN MK1 bomb - explosive type has been changed to Dunnite (Explosive D) (report)
- A28B - a bug has been fixed where the lod at distance on aircraft was displayed with the old name J28B.
- USS Pittsburgh — modification of the 127mm semi AP round has been added.
- PT-658, PT-200 114mm M8 rockets have been changed to 127mm M7.
- PT-658, PT-200 - a bug has been fixed where rockets flew over the target.
- PT-658 - a bug has been fixed where the boat was unable to reload rockets in Arcade battles.
- PT-658 - a bug has been fixed that resulted in torpedo launch while firing artillery.
- A bug has been fixed where available aircraft from a player’s setup were coloured red in the mission editor.
- A bug has been fixed where the name of a player in a squad was not marked with the corresponding colour in the statistics tab and on the player vehicle marker.
- A bug has been fixed where a squadron mate in the enemy team was displayed as an ally (green, in the default color scheme) in Custom battles.
- A bug has been fixed where two players might be selected at once in the team list while watching a replay.
- The respawn delay from the moment of losing the previous vehicle in RB and SB has been reduced. The delay is now 5 seconds, as in AB mode, instead of 15 seconds.
- The operation of radio fuzes has been specified. The radio fuze now explodes at a distance equal to collision with target. Radio fuze explosion distance has been specified for the following rounds:
- 40mm kulsgr m/90 (15 m → 4 m);
- 40mm slsgr m/484 (15 m → 4 m);
- 40mm M822 (15 m → 4 m);
- 57mm DKY-1 (15 m → 6 m);
- 57mm HE-VT (15 m → 6 m);
- 76mm MOM-HE (15 m → 8 m).
- 40mm kulsgr m/90 (15 m → 4 m);