In this digest we would like to tell you about our continuing work on improvements and fixes in the game. You can find information about all updates that have been released in War Thunder on the website special section.
Continuing to improve digging
In one of the recent publications of “It’s fixed!”, we told you about the optimization of performance and general improvements to terramorphing and reported on further priorities to refine the interaction of vehicles with terraformed surfaces.
It’s done! We significantly improved the behavior of the vehicles in trenches and craters created with blades and shovels. Vehicles as well as the gunner’s sights shouldn’t twitch anymore.
Fixed the “flying” thermal imager
A rather critical bug was allowing the gunner's thermal imager to run without being in gunner view, but while using 3rd person view. We want to thank all the players that reported this problem to us separately.
It’s fixed now. The thermal imager is back in its place.
Retrained air defense
We are already paying a lot of attention to air defense in air battles: improving the working logic, adding more modern means of protection. Now our focus is on protecting airfields for aircraft and helicopters in combined battles. Let’s see what has been changed:
We have streamlined the number of cannons on all airfields. So now, while you are being repaired, you will be assiduously covered by 4 large-calibre cannons and 6 automatic medium-calibre cannons.
Improved the logic of air defense firing towards helicopter pads. They now fire evenly instead of short sparse fire bursts that sometimes cause unexpectedly excessive and instant damage. Also, beyond the maximum firing range, air defense will fire warning shots that should scare away some of the fans of easy targets and clearly notify them of entering the danger zone.
An additional improvement is that we have increased the update rate for the targets that have left the target zone so the air defense system will stop firing shots faster. If you ran away, why waste shells?
For this digest we have prepared a large set of useful fixes and game improvements. Be sure to read the full list which we have prepared in the separate changelog - there are many interesting things.
Once again, many thanks for all your bug reports that you submitted in our bug report section on the War Thunder forums.
- A bug that allowed the thermal imager to operate from 3rd person view has been fixed.
- A bug has been fixed where the operation of a third-person view thermal imager in client and server replays didn’t correspond to enabling/disabling in any current battle.
- TOW-2B missile and RB 56 BILL II round — the incorrect damage effect on armour penetration or explosion over the vehicle’s turret in the hit camera have been fixed.
- Strv 103-0, Strv 103A, Strv 103B — the erroneous interruption of the reloading by the auto loader during fire has been fixed.
- BMP-3 — a display of the gunner’s optics in xray mode without the “Sodema” modification has been corrected.
- Ystervark — a bug has been fixed with reduced speed of manual aiming drives when the batteries are discharged.
- Vickers Mk.7 — a bug with overestimated durability of the upper front armour plate has been fixed. Armour durability has been set in accordance with the data of the MBT combined protection spreadsheet.
- Strv 103A, Chieftain Mk.5, M60A1 Ariete — a bug has been fixed where it was possible to enable the NVD in the AA machine-gun sight.
- GSh-23L gun - a bug has been fixed with a tracer round in the stealth ammo belt.
- G.91 R/3 - a bug has been fixed where after mounting the 4х AS-20 Nord preset, 30mm DEFA 552 guns were displayed in the xray mode.
- He 219 A-7 - armouring of the radiators and engine has been corrected. armouring of the radiators increased from 8 to 15 mm, armouring of the engine increased from 8 to 10 mm.
- DEFA, ADEN, AKAN guns - explosive weight and type for the HE round has been changed from 27g of RDX to 56g of Torpex (report).
- V-12D - gunner crosshair position has been corrected.
- UH-1B - display of ammo has been corrected for the 7.62m М134 Minigun.
- Freccia P-493, Saetta P-494 - the ability of locking on surface targets has been disabled.
Ground vehicles in all ground gaming modes:
- The number of points for hitting the enemy has been increased: 10 → 15;
- The number of points for taking damage has been increased: 5 → 7.
- The number of statistic points for every damage point inflicted on enemies has been increased: 0.18 → 0.2.
- Airfield AA guns have been standardized for ground missions. Now, each airfield has 4 large-calibre and 6 mid-calibre AA guns.
- Settings for AA guns on helipads have been corrected, now they have an equalized rate of fire, instead of short bursts, which were able to deal heavy damage in a short period of time. Warning fire has been added for distances twice as distant as effective firing range. Target refresh rate has been increased to reduce fire time on a target that has left the firing area.
- A bug has been fixed where there was FPS drop on PS5 consoles when the grass display option was turned on.
- Game crash while watching a replay has been fixed.
- Collision with concrete obstacles has been corrected in certain ground locations.