That would just be what happened at the end of the log before the final crash report summary.
This would likely only be used by persons who have issues with crashing servers anyways right?
Which is basically everybody, at least at some point.
Generally speaking, for the launcher I try to implement things that work out of the box for everybody, because adding checkboxes and custom options just makes the tool harder to use/explain.
The bottom line is, I will try to find a way to detect a stuck/crash/unresponsive server.
Right now, the case of “the server crashed, sent a report and quit” is already handled, if you have the “start server if not running” it will automatically get restarted.
The two issues I have are a variant of the same case:
- The server was supposed to quit (a shutdown or restart was requested) but for some reason it got stuck, possibly in a mutex, or a crash dialog, etc…
- The server is supposed to be running, but it stopped, so same case as above
If I can find a reliable way to detect a non behaving server, that would easily handle both cases, the question is to find reliable metrics.
- Could monitor the last time since the log updated, but some people filter out the spam log, so that does not really help
- Could monitor the last time the game db was touched
- Could ping the server “are you alive?”
- Any other idea?