Yeah, that didn't work. It's thoroughly borked for me.
Add C:/users//AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
If that doesn't work let's try a clean reinstall of the launcher too.
- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.
Delete the following folders if still present:
- C:/users//AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users//AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users//AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.
- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user
- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam