It did not work for me
I tried it 3 different ways, no go
(Also with the new update)
That is disappointing, that means you have a different issue to everyone else. Quite what I do not know!
Please do a full **clean** re-install, now the new patch is out:
- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user empire designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders - In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- start the game with no mods active and test
If that doesn't help:
Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log .
Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.