– Fixed several exploits.
– Fixed a regression in suicide death notices.
When we announced the Rio Major, we were excited to bring a CS:GO Major to one of Counter-Strike’s most passionate fan bases. At the time, we couldn’t have imagined the global challenges that have limited live events throughout 2020.
We’re not going to ask players and fans to risk their health in order to attend a Major while the pandemic still poses a threat to travelers. Therefore, we have made the painful decision to cancel the November Major.
So, what’s the plan? First, we’re going to hold off on scheduling Majors until, at a minimum, Regional Major Ranking (RMR) LAN events are safe to hold around the world. Until then, we expect to continue to hold online RMR events to keep track of the best teams in each region.
Recently we’ve been made aware that several coaches of professional CS:GO teams exploited a bug in the game in order to gain an advantage over their opponents. It is unfortunate and frustrating that we did not...Read more
– Moved the spawnpoints slightly apart from each other for better movement
– Fixed various bugs containing invisible prop faces, gun falling trough props, floating props, invisible brush faces, props z-fighting
– Added grenade clips to the trims on short A for smoothing bouncing
– Fixed some small nitpicking stuff on the radar
-Overhauled T to A site layout.
-Adjusted some prop fade distances for better performance
-Replaced church brick textures
-Improved visual fidelity of some models
-Replaced floor textures across the map
-Fixed numerous dark spots showing in place of foliage when using low shader settings
-Fixed various minor bugs
– Fixed a rare case where coach camera could remain in free roaming mode.
– Fixed net_dumpeventstats command to be cheat-protected.
– Improved performance
– New radar
– Raised the bottom of the water for better readability of players behind boats
– Fixed invisible water splashes
– Ambience sounds is quieter
– To make mid more attractive and balanced we have added a new path from mid up to heaven
– Heaven has now some more space towards the new path for better angles
– Closed gaps in wood fence at A-long (T side)
– Closed a sightline from CT-spawn to A-long
-Improved performance in all areas of the map
-Tweaked and improved clipping
-Adjusted environment lighting to give a better visual contrast
-Removed foliage on A Site wall
-Added multiple bomb reset triggers around A Site, B Site and Dock
-Extended Dock and Moved T Spawn back slightly to give CTs more...
– End of match scoreboard will now display which players were playing as a party when skill groups are revealed.
– Average wait times for finding matches on official game servers are now region-specific.
– Rcon connection from client will now get established asynchronously.
– Rcon address cannot be changed while connected to a dedicated server.
– Added a setting “rcon_connected_clients_allow” to disallow clients from connecting to other dedicated servers via rcon.
– Several stability improvements.
Today’s update includes some networking improvements, updates to Swamp, Mutiny, and Anubis, and an all new weapon case!
Introducing the Fracture Collection, featuring designs from over 17 different community artists, and including the Shattered Web Knives
[ FRACTURE CASE ]
– Introducing the Fracture Case, featuring designs from over 17 community artists-designed weapon finishes, and the Shattered Web Knives as rare special items.
[ MISC ]
– Updated main menu movie for Mutiny.
– Fixed several exploits related to VPK tampering.
– The -untrusted launch option is no longer supported
[ NETWORKING ]
– Multiple improvements to SDR networking protocol:
— Improved SDR routing selection logic
— Fixed SDR networking sessions to not be reused after expiration
— Improved stability
[ MAPS ]
– Fixed some clipping, z fighting, invisible surface bugs
– Fixed being able to spot enemies through wall near bridge. (thanks Chaelin!)
– Removed palm tree shadow at bridge
– Fixed wallbang at B main route
– Fixed weapons falling through stairs and other parts of the floor.
– Re-added the grenade windows to B.
– New skin for double door at middle.
– Fixed a performance regression during POV demo playback.
– Fixed domain names starting with a digit to be resolvable via DNS as part of “connect” command.
– Added a server-side setting sv_closecaption to control whether captions can be displayed during gameplay, defaults to only displaying Co-op Strike Mission chat.
– Added main menu movies for Mutiny and Swamp.
-Added some areaportals to increase optimization at T to B Lower
-Adjusted fade distances on some props to increase performance
-Removed some unnecessary foliage props
-Increased height of cover at A Platform
-Removed lamp outside B Site obstructing angles
-Removed some foliage at CT to B to increase visibility
-Fixed boost spot in mid near A Connector
-Added a few boxes in corner at Dirt Road near CT Spawn
-Removed barrels and wood stack near CT Spawn for smoother movement