We’re back from the incredible StarLadder Berlin Major. While the teams were busy with record-breaking 60-round matches, the community was busy as well: tournament items for this major will pay out over $11 million for participating teams and players!
During the Major, we followed conversations in the community about leagues, media rights, and the future of CS:GO events. And while we typically don’t weigh in on these conversations, there are a few issues we want to clarify to make sure everyone is on the same page.
We make it free to get a license to operate a CSGO tournament because we want to get out of the way of third parties creating value for our customers. Often that value comes from experimentation–tournament operators experiment with presentation, technology, formats, locations, etc. We support experiments that are scoped large enough to identify new and interesting opportunities, but not so large that if they fail it would be hard for the ec...Read more
[ MISC ]
– Updated engraving on the Major Champions and Major Finalists trophies.
– Fixed rare cases of showing an uninitialized MVP panel.
– Several stability improvements.
[ SDK ]
– Users can now create a game authentication code allowing third-party websites and applications to access their match history.
– Website and application developers can find more information here:
[ MISC ]
– Updated deathmatch bots with an experimental decision framework based on behavior trees.
– Fixed picking up weapons embedded in playerclip brushes.
– Allow fps_max setting as low as 49 for PAL 50 Hz production pipelines.
– Allow Overwatch-style GOTV demo files playback using anonsuspect parameter to playdemo command.
— Example command: playdemo myfile.dem 76540440404404 anonsuspect
– Several game stability fixes.
[ MAPS ]
– Updated radar for Vertigo.
Congratulations to Astralis, who won a record-breaking third straight Major Championship and their fourth overall.
AVANGAR’s path to the Grand Final met the brick wall of Astralis, who took hold of the series from the first few rounds and never let go.
Thank you to everyone who watched the Major, and to StarLadder, the teams, and the players for an incredible event.
Finally, there’s still a chance to support your favorite teams–player and team items are up to 75% off!