Today we’re shipping an optional beta branch of CS:GO with changes that are part of our continuing fight against cheating. To help out, you can opt in to the beta by following the instructions here.
CS:GO now significantly restricts the types of programs and files that can interact with the game.
In the unlikely event that you launch the game with incompatible files, you will receive a warning indicating the incompatible file and may be blocked from joining VAC-enabled servers. To resolve the issue, you can disable the ‘Trusted Launch’ in your game settings, however this may temporarily impact your trust score.
For developers of third-party progr...Read more
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Bomb defusal progress will now reset if the defusing player turns too rapidly while defusing.
– Translucent surfaces are now ineligible for applying graffiti.
[ MUSIC ]
– A new music kit “All for Dust” by Amon Tobin is now available for purchase in-game.
[ MISC ]
– When players open containers or receive items during the match, text filtering will no longer apply to names of received items in chat messages.
A new music kit featuring Amon Tobin, “All for Dust,” is now available! From the producer who brought you the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory OST, Amon Tobin lends his unique aesthetic to CS:GO… this time through tube amplifiers.
Dust off this new kit, good luck and have fun!
[ MISC ]
– Fixed some rendering artifacts related to boosted player contrast on players inside or near smoke grenade volumes.
– Fixed short player chat tokens sometimes getting translated.
– Fixed a regression with audio device selection setting.
– Fixed infrequent random crash.
[ MAPS ]
– Fixed bombsite target on B site starting its fade early.
– Added a new game communication setting “Text Filtering” which is enabled by default and blocks profane words used in text chat.
– Fixed a trigger_bomb_reset regression.
– Added the ‘Boost Player Contrast’ advanced video setting, which improves the legibility of players in low contrast situations.
– Adjusted some agent textures for improved visibility.
– Adjusted dropped C4 collision geometry.
– Fixed Danger Zone drone pilot camera getting stuck when drone received burn damage.
– Added Desert Eagle shell eject event for last bullet fired.
– Minor texture streaming optimizations.
– Removed large ivy-models near bathrooms by A site
– Removed thin windows in bathrooms by A site
– Removed bicycle by picnic by A long
– Brightened up connector tunnel
– Brightened up T spawn
– Added nice stone trims
– Flipped B site doors
– Simplified background when looking from B tunnels towards truck in mid
– Changed fog start distance from 1000 to 512, changed max density from .2 to .4
Since CS:GO’s release in 2012, some of the most common feedback we’ve received has been about the challenge of spotting characters in the world. Because every map in the game features significant variety of lighting and detail, even characters designed to read well in a map might get lost when viewed from a particular angle in a particular location.
We’ll continue to address feedback about specific problem spots by making adjustments to maps, but today we’re also shipping several new improvements to the way characters are rendered.
To improve character read across all maps and locations, we’ve added a new graphics setting called ‘Boost Player Contrast’ which is enabled by default. It’s a special post proce...Read more
– Texture streaming now loads textures flagged with no mip maps or no lod at full initial resolution.
-Added missing glowy eyes texture
-Fixed many minor issues such as z fighting, prop reflections and invisible faces
-Improved player readability at canal
-Redesigned B main path & entrance
-Moved up CT spawn
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Grenades can no longer apply impact damage more than once.