Gems of War Anniversary
Gems of War is celebrating it’s 8th Birthday. To celebrate we have several things happening this week –
- Special Adventure Boards for the next 7 Days
- Anniversary Advent Calendar
- Broken Spire Kingdom Rework
- Broken Spire Kingdom Pass
- Broken Spire Legends Reborn
Broken Spire Troop Reworks
- Regeneration trait has been changed to the new trait, Ogre Fury
- Spell will now give 5 Armor to all Allies if there are 13 or more Brown Gems on the board.
- Spell now deals splash damage instead of light splash damage
- No longer gains Magic at Levels 12, 14, 17, 19
- Now gains only 1 Magic at Levels 18, 20
- Spell now creates 3 Burning Gems instead of 7 Red Gems.
- Role has changed from Generator to Warmaster
- Spell has been reworked so he now creates 4 Skulls for every Purple Gem removed instead of buffing his attack.
- Jinx trait has been changed to new trait, Ogre Fury
- Spell now destroys all Brown Gems to boost the damage dealt to a random enemy instead of removing Red Gems.
- Warded trait has been changed to the new trait, Ogre Fury
- Obsidian Golem has been renamed the Obsidian Titan
- Spell renamed to Igneous Blast
- Spell now deals damage to an enemy, boosted by all Enemy Constructs. If the enemy target is a construct it will deal triple damage.
- Spell has been changed so it will now deal damage to all enemies and burn them
- Base spell damage reduce to 5 from 2
- No Longer gains Magic a Levels 7, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Troop Role change to Mage
- Mana Cost increased from 10 to 13
- Siege trait change to Pyromania
- Stone Spirit trait change to Stoneskin
- Spell now deals heavy splash damage rather than splash damage.
- Spell now creates 7 Red Gems instead of 5
- Spell’s chance to summon another Pyggra increased from 20% to 30%
- Spell will now also barrier the first Ally.
- Leader trait change to Knight Bond
- Grudge trait change to Fireproof
- Spell now creates 7 Red Gems instead of 6
Gog and Gud
- Spell can now target an Enemy (in case he chooses to activate the single target damage part of the spell).
- Spell will now give 80 gold instead of 50 gold (if that option is chosen).
- Base spell damage increased from 1 to 4
- Mana cost reduced from 17 to 16
- Giant Bond trait has been changed to the new trait, Ogre Fury
- Spell’s base devour chance increased from 2% to 10%
- Spell magic scaling increased from x1 to x2
Please Note: We will not be offering any troop refunds, as we feel that these changes have been either buffs or sideway changes.1000×50 899 Bytes
Broken Spire Kingdom Pass
To celebrate the rework of Broken Spire, we will be running a Kingdom Pass for the next 5 weeks. This Kingdom Pass will introduce 4 new Troops and 2 new Weapons to Broken Spire.
Kingdom Pass Battlecrasher: Pyrophemus
During this Kingdom Pass, Pyrophemus is a semi-rare encounter in PvP and Explore, with the chance to encounter him decreasing after players have done so 5 times that day. Defeating him will give 1 Kingdom Pass Crown. Each Crown earned will assist players progressing through the Kingdom Pass. Each Kingdom Pass level needs 5 Kingdom Crowns. No more than 10 Crowns can be earned per day.
(His chance to appear will reset with daily reset.)
Kingdom Pass Rewards Sneak Peek
When the Kingdom Pass ends, players will be able to earn these unique rewards in the following ways:
- Flame Rhynax + Fire Beetle – They can be found in both reward tracks. They will start appearing in chests 2-3 months after the Kingdom Pass ends.
- Pyrophemus – He can be found in the Royal reward track. He will start appearing in chests 2-3 months after the Kingdom Pass ends.
- The Molten Ward – This weapon is available in the Free Reward Track. Once the Kingdom Pass ends, craftable from the Soulforge during weekly events in Broken Spire.
- Slashing Embers – This weapon is available in the Royal Reward Track. Once the Kingdom Pass ends, craftable from the Soulforge during weekly events in Broken Spire.
- Minfernus – This Pet can be found in both reward tracks and can be encountered as a random Pet Rescue when defeating Pet Gnomes.
New Tarot Card: Ace of Wands
The Tarot card for this event is the Ace of Wands. Once this Kingdom Pass ends, it will go into the Vault after 2-3 months.1000×50 899 Bytes
Legends Reborn: Broken Spire
For the next 2 weeks we will have a Legends Reborn event set in the Broken Spire. Legends Reborn can be accessed from either the Games Menu or the Broken Spire Kingdom Menu (if the storyline has been completed previously).
Broken Story Update
As part of the celebration of the Broken Spire Rework, we have gone back and updated the story. This updated story has been rewritten to use the new conversation style, and the battles have been updated to include a greater variety of enemies to fight against.
Replay the Story
You will be able to play/replay the story for Broken Spire during this event. The story will have multiple difficulties that can be played through as new difficulties unlock over time. Each time a new difficulty is completed, players will earn a copy of one of the new Pets.
Quest rewards from normal playthroughs of the story (Bonus Income, etc) will not be earned if playing the Story through Legends Reborn.
Defeat Brown Enemies to collect Lanterns to be able to earn Reward Tiers of the Legends Reborn event, including more new pets. Collecting the rewards for each track within a Tier will unlock access to the Bonus reward for that Tier.
New Pets1024×512 93.2 KB
We have several new Pets that Players will be able to collect from the event:
- Ogress’ Calf – This pet will buff the stats of the Ogress. It can be earned from the Free Reward Track in this Legends Reborn event.
- Flame Troll’s Pup – This pet will buff the stats of the Flame Troll. It can be earned by completing playthroughs of the Broken Spire story within this Legends Reborn event at different difficulties.
- Sheggra’s Slime – This pet will buff the stats of Sheggra. It can be earned by purchasing from the Gem Reward Track.
- Infernus’ Imp – This pet will buff the stats of Infernus. It can be earned by purchasing from the Premium Reward Track.
Pets will be available as possible Pet Gnome encounters in 3-4 weeks time after the event ends.