There can be many potential causes behind technical issues, such as crashes / freezes, as everyone's system is unique. For this reason, it can be tricky for us to provide you with tailored support within the forums. We have created this topic to help provide you with the basic troubleshooting steps for technical issues, and to open up support tickets for those who require more assistance. This topic will also help us to spot any repeating trends that might require further investigation by the dedicated teams, such as crashes occurring in a specific location only.
Before you share your report within this thread, please note that we have several ongoing investigations for crashes / freezes already. We recommend you check these out first. These threads will have specific troubleshooting steps and workarounds shared within them, and are the best place to find more information and updates about these individual investigations. This list will be updated if we are aware of any new issues that may be causing crashes / freezing.
If the crash / freeze you are experiencing is not linked to any of the above investigations, then please can you provide us with all of the following information:
- Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
- What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
- Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
- When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
- Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
- Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?
We can then use this information to open up a support ticket for you. Opening up support tickets allows us to collect your system files for further investigation, which can be crucial for troubleshooting crashes / freezes. Once we have opened a support ticket for you, we will notify you within this thread.