Hello! Chucklefish team member here. I might be a bit bias, but in terms of broader changes from WG1 to WG2, the team at Robotality have really aimed to address the accessibility (incl.
difficulty), pacing, and mission length in the sequel.
I think if you were finding later missions more tricky you'll have a better time with the changes in WG2. There's also a 'undo' turn button, you can skip scenes, and we think you'll find the campaign missions themselves are snappier.
Other changes include..:
- New Commanders & Factions
- New tiered groove system where you can 'supercharge' your groove and strategically wait to use the 2nd tier
- 3 interwoven Campaign stories.
- New roguelike mode - Conquest!
- 5 new unit types to master.
- Level-up an ordinary unit with groove-like abilities by picking up items.
- Battle after dark with new night mode.
- New & improved map, campaign & cutscene editors