I think this was resolved in our most recent hotfix, released earlier in the day. Could you try playing now?
Edit: If the hotfix hasn’t helped, you should be able to work around this by:
Delete Darktide AppData & Verify Integrity of Game Files
NOTE: This will reset any custom keybindings.
- Press the Windows key + R
- Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
- Navigate to: AppData\Roaming\Fatshark
- Delete the entire ‘Darktide’ directory
- Launch Darktide as normal
You will then need to use the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option, which is accessible via the Steam client and will ensure the installation is complete.
- Right-click Darktide in your Steam library sidebar
- Select ‘Properties’
- Select the ‘Local Files’ tab
- Select the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ button
- When complete, close and reopen Steam